Supermarkets and Retail

Looks like you can now buy 100 percent NZ chicken in Australia, i thought that brand name sounded familiar…

Wonder if it is as good as KFC …

If it is anything like that dreadful SFC that Coles used to range…it’s a no from me.

1 Like

Tegel frozen grilled chicken breast is the best on market for the type of product, Costco has it relatively often - but this Louisiana style bone-in product seemed a bit overpriced.

1 Like

Some Caltex Woolworths Sites has finally been given the AMPOL logo like here in Cannington Perth

7 Likes

This has been around for a while now…

Perhaps they are understaffed?

Looks virtually the same as the other sign’s logo lol, why waste money IMO.

my local woolies has their empty toliet roll spaces filled with boxes and tins of chocolates

1 Like

Coon/Cheer cheese 1kg has had a price jump again at Woolworths. Was $11.50 went up to $14.50, then back to $11.50, and now it’s at $15.50.

I reckon it’s about to join a price dropped campaign.

Coles only pushed it to $14, and it has joined a ‘Everyday Low Price’ campaign. Raise the price yet call it everyday low price? Seriously! I think they missed the everyday part.

5 Likes

Looks like a number of recently rebranded EG Ampol locations haven’t been delivered the proper EG Ampol branded pylons, thus all they did is remove the Caltex ‘box’ from the old ‘Caltex Woolworths’ pylons and replace them with an Ampol branded box in the interim.

One example is EG Ampol right outside Forest Hill Chase shopping centre, near Canterbury Road, in Melbourne’s east. It was previously a Caltex Woolworths petrol station before it was sold to EG.

Same Thing happened in Bowral today. Yesterday, it still had the Caltex branding. When I went past today, it displayed the Ampol branding. Nearby Mittagong has the Ampol EG as well as two other Ampols (one of those is across the street from the Ampol EG)
Not sure about the one in Moss Vale yet.
Edit: Took a photo

1 Like

Noticed that the Christmas decorations section of Bunning is getting bigger each time I visit. This weekend there was a sale on some items, there were trees on display at the end of aisles and there were a few people browsing the outdoor lights. Get in early before they run out! :christmas_tree:

Haven’t been delivered, or complying with a directive at the last minute and doing it on the cheap?

I think the sign might be from the year 2000\

I saw a simular one in a 2000 Woolies ad

Woolworths TVC's 2000 - YouTube (Pause at 1:53 or 1:54)

1 Like

Has anybody seen this machine collecting the trolleys at local Woolworths supermarkets??

3 Likes

Does it collect the machines ? Or is it operated by a person?

1 Like

Operated by a person. They walk behind it with a controller. These things have been around for almost 2 years in my store

2 Likes

Come a long way from my days of using a bungee cord, or a piece of rope with a metal hook attached.

1 Like