Supermarkets and Retail

Yet you have to buy a paper to get a discount.

1 Like

IKEA concept store to open in Melbourne’s Highpoint Shopping Centre.

Saw This sign at My local Woolies today

8 Likes

YES!, I love there are still the odd Woolies that have some sort of old signage with the old logo.

3 Likes

The old Bathurst store still has the pre 1987 logo on the Emergency Exit doors just by the entrance despite the centre and store being renovated multiple times since. I’ll try and get a photo one day.

4 Likes

Never thought I would see an old Woolies sign to do with delivery. lol

1 Like

Christmas Puddings on special at Coles now.

1 Like

Wonder why Mortein fly spray went up to $12.50 . Must be a no name brand that is just as good I’ll have to look into . I thought that it was made in Australia. Guess the ingredients are sourced from overseas.

Wish the nearest Aldi wasn’t a 50km drive away.

1 Like

Still pre-1992 Kmart logos on loading docks…

7 Likes

Try the “First Force” from Woolies. It’s their phantom brand and is only $3.

Mortein is great but it’s now priced at such a premium.

1 Like

What Kmart is that?

Aldi’s Melbourne CBD store (listed as 501 Swanston Street, but the entrance is at Franklin Street near RMIT) reopened this morning after weeks of renovations. It now features fresh sushi and sandwiches, ready-to-go meals, artisan bread and the iconic “special buys”.

1 Like

More than half of the shelving in the toilet paper aisle at my local Woolies has been bare for the past 18 months. They’ve finally decided to do something with it.

7 Likes

Rough substitute.

3 Likes

Bare … why? People still panic buying it ?

Also I saw this …

ACCC says "Sounds like misleading pricing " but to contact Coles first lol.

Fabcott’s (Woolworths’ development company) plans include a full-line supermarket, a bottle shop selling packaged liquor, two small shops, a place of assembly that also has offices, a library/museum, cafe and function area as well as apartments above.

Does Woolworths fully own BWS and Dan Murphy’s?

Our small town only has BWS and the rest are all Star Liquor , Liquor Legends or Thirsty Camel bottleshops.

They did, but spun it off into a different company some years ago (Endeavour).

2 Likes

Should be a price history or something on all items online. Simply click a icon or something on a product, and it gives the full RRP for the last say 24 months or something.

Supermarkets claim to the market and it’s shareholders they are investing in lower prices when they are most certainly not. Essentially it’s increasing prices marketed as price drops. Pity the ACCC are toothless tigers. They then pay for spots on current affairs and news segments around these price drop campaigns. I’m amazed Aldi has not called them out on it.

3 Likes