Supermarkets and Retail

So not only is MYER doing really bad, so is David Jones

1 Like

DJs is at least trying to turn things around.

Went into a Myer for the first time in ages last week and couldnā€™t believe how shabby and bare it looked.

3 Likes

Why donā€™t they just turn Myer into an outlet store?

I like the way Aldi sell booze near one of the checkouts in its NSW stores. After I have lined up for 45 minutes in a queue and not been able to buy half the things I want; I often feel like a drink.

1 Like

Aldi liquor reminds me of thisā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t remember the last time i saw anyone reference Mr Hell.

At least 15 years since I last saw anyone else mention it in the wild, caught me by surprise!

1 Like

The separate Wino World sketch was on YouTube but itā€™s disappeared. Love Mr Hell. Very underrated.

Iā€™m a huge fan of DFO Brisbane. I love the polished concrete floors and the exposed ceilings.

Despite its ā€˜ineleganceā€™ compared to traditional shopping malls, the ā€˜industrialā€™ look is now the modern look. And shopping centres around Australia have been ripping out their rooves to go the trendy look of exposed AC ducts, wiring and piping.

Pity.

Now merchandise, shelves and counters just get covered in dust.

As the tenants at DFO could have told you years ago.

1 Like

Coles will release a new series of collectables to entice kids to eat more fruit and vegetables.

So many thoughts enter my mind regarding the collectable fruit and vegetables.

Imagine how small the plastic blueberries will be.

I hope they do kumquats. They are the most underrated fruit.

Will the strawberries have little plastic razor blades?

I assume the rockmelons will not have miniature cases of listeria.

3 Likes

Why wouldnā€™t those collectable things be considered to be a choking hazard for small children?

2 Likes

Is that a euphemism. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This filth belongs in MS After Dark

I was at jindalee DFO a week ago and that place is in a death spiral. at least half the shops are shut and threres nothing major there to draw people in (with the exception of nike, adidas and puma)

they are trying to get council approval for a cinema to be built, but even if they do i donā€™t think it will go ahead as mt ommaney (only 2.5km down the road) has council approval to do the same.

iā€™ll be suprised if itā€™s still there in 3 years

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve never been out there and never understood the attractionā€¦ Skygate seems a perfect location for a DFO (especially for the higher-end brands)ā€¦ Brisbane probably canā€™t support two DFOs unless thereā€™s something distinctly different between the two.

I always thought a little boutique cinema could make a go of it at Skygate (layover travellers and even local families wanting a shopping/mini golf/food/cinema day).

Has anyone else tried Aldiā€™s Halloumi Fries? :drooling_face:

Seven reports today that Coles and eBay are launching a world-first online venture which offer discounts to shoppers.

1 Like

Just like eBay already sell discount vouchers for Woolworths, I wonder, or is this different?

Itā€™s available in selected areas of metro Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/pantry