Supermarkets and Retail

You suck too hard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah the straws don’t last with Boost Juice as the smoothies are often really thick so you need to suck on it a lot. I only got halfway through my smoothie the other week before the straw was unusable. For most other drinks though I think paper straws are fine.

Hate the paper straws lucky early last year l brought thousands of plastic straws :joy:

1 Like

Gotta be gentle when sucking :cup_with_straw:

Reminds me of this:

You’re as subtle as a brick, as usual. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Trust me, I was going to say something a lot worse/funny. :rofl:

We believe you.

1 Like

Not sure if this fits here … The Macquarie Ice Rink at the Macquarie Shopping Centre will close on 31 January 2020 with centre owner AMP to use the space to allow improved access to the adjacent bus and train stations.

Ice rinks in the Sydney area are slowly vanishing. The Sydney Ice Arena at Norwest closed in October 2017.

1 Like

This is a ridiculous decision as suburban shopping centres revamp themselves as entertainment destinations to compete with online shopping. They had a captive market for north/northwest Sydney.

But if nobody uses them, what do you expect? On a recent visit in school holidays it was so empty compared to what I remember decades ago.

Going to that shopping centre lost its appeal to me when Channel Ten moved out of the studios across the road and the possibility of running into a Ten personality picking up milk and bread diminished.

3 Likes

It is always packed when I go.

Similar to Mirrabooka Square in Perth. That centre was close to Seven, Nine and Ten’s old studios at Dianella. There were quite often vox pops and on screen opportunties out there.

2 Likes

I used to always see Nine News/ACA reporters in Chatswood (biggest shopping destination close to Willoughby) doing stand ups or vox pops in the mall when I lived in the area. I guess they’ll be doing a lot more in North Sydney from next year. Just as a lot of Seven employees frequent the MLC Centre food court at lunch time in the city, we’ll be able to play spot the Channel Niner in the cafes when they move into Denison Street.

Freaky Fact: When I first visited Chatswood in the late 1980s I secretly hoped to run into Mr. Kelly, his kids or Nudge in Westfield or Chatswood Chase because the show was set in that suburb. Little did I know…

3 Likes

Not really across the road as it’s a good half hour walk, but I know what you mean. :smiley:

Good thing you didn’t!

The Australian reports today that Woolworths will create its own private label halal food brand, to debut later this year.

Woolies will be overflooded with nufties complaining about the halal system and what have you. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m sure the brigading has already started on their social media by the usual types.