Supermarkets and Retail

If that was the case they would sell prepackaged zucchinis

There are so many jokes Iā€™d like to use right now in relation to zucchinis but Iā€™d turn MS into a Rodney Rude concert and have my arse handed to me. :joy:

I always wonder why there are no extra or extended bus services to/from Highpoint and Chadstone during the 34 hour trading period? It could alleviate parking problems at both complexes.

The Kailis Bros in Leederville will open during the 36-hour trading period from 7am Sunday 23 Dec to 7pm Monday 24 Dec. This has been happening for many years now. I have been there during Xmas Eve before 7am shopping to buy some seafood.

1 Like

Been there, done my Xmas shopping. At least the major stuff I canā€™t buy at Coles or Woolies.

Today I shopped at Garden City Booragoon and noticed that the old Woolworths Logo was still stuck over the store for 13 years now. 99% of the stores across Australia have got the apple Woolworths logos. the Booragoon store is quite outdated and needed a revamp as soon as possible.

1 Like

It took Morley galleria woolwoths a long time to update their logo as wellā€¦ Not surprised Booragoon Woolworths still has the old logo though.

2 Likes

The BIG W store at Tea Tree Plaza in Adelaide still has the old BIG W - We sell for less logo which was used prior to 2008. BIG W once again changed their logo in 2017.

2 Likes

I think just about everyone would be driving anyway, because you plan to buy a lot and donā€™t want to lug that on a train/bus. Other than the small amount of people who might want to bus there and then get a taxi-like-vehicle home.

They are waiting for the centre refurbishment I believe, same reason why the coles there is really dated.

Hot Cross Buns are apparently already out at the supermarkets. I am fine with that. However, I do not want see Easter Eggs until at least mid-late February. Let it be a month or so in the New Year before they come out

Bad luck. Youā€™re getting them next week whether you like it or not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe Iā€™ll invent Oz Cross Buns or Southern Cross Buns for Australia Day to create a buffer between Christmas and Easter. :joy:

4 Likes

Why do people complain about this same shit every yearā€¦ itā€™s not going to change and itā€™s not like itā€™s suddenly appearing any earlier than before.

8 Likes

short term memory loss or something. itā€™s not like theyā€™re appearing after halloween in droves.

1 Like

Exactly, itā€™s been happening for many years now. Same deal with Christmas stock starting to appear on the shelves from Late August.

People must be buying Hot Cross Buns & Easter Eggs as early as Boxing Day if the supermarkets are stocking them on the shelves at that time, otherwise theyā€™d probably just hold off until Late February/Early March.

5 Likes

Still, itā€™s a little surprising given Easter will be late April in 2019 (19th-21st April) and not late March or early April as in recent years.

hasnā€™t it got something to do with the moons

1 Like

Yes, but obviously the lateness of Easter next year hasnā€™t stopped the stores from flogging them already!

Couldnā€™t they let us deal with New Yearā€™s and Australia Day firstā€¦ :frowning_face:

Not surprised, the packaging for the hot cross buns came into my store mid-december (much to our bakers delight! :frowning: )

1 Like

Would Coles or Woolworths risk selling Australia Day themed items or anything plastered with the Australian flag in this era of perpetual outrage?

3 Likes