Supermarkets and Retail

What I hate about it is having to show what you just bought and the receipt to the greeter as you walk out. It is not as intrusive as JB HiFi and the Chemist Warehouse, but it’s still annoying.

5 Likes

My local Kmart still has the Checkouts at the front of the store, hopefully it stays that way for good but I won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

Can’t disagree with you on that one.

2 Likes

“Excuse me sir, may i see inside your bag?”

“I beg your pardon?”

2 Likes

Your local store being?

Looks like one of the last Home Brand products at Woolies is being cleared out…

4 Likes

Mount Gambier, SA.

My local in TAS has self serve checkouts at the front as well as checkouts in the middle. I think it’s got something to do with being open 24/7 as the middle checkouts aren’t open during the night.

1 Like

Melton, VIC.
Probably understandable for reduced hours given how the place is sometimes!

You might be right there - of the three ACT stores, the only one with checkouts at the front and in the middle is the 24 hour store.

Belmont Vic is the same, but I’ve never been there late enough to see the middle ones close

Innaloo in Perth has a set of checkouts at the front door as well as the middle. They are 24/7 but was the first in WA revamped IIRC.

The IGA supermarket at North Blackburn Shopping Centre in Melbourne’s east will close in January 2019 after operating for 20 years, to make way for the centre’s redevelopment. Local paper Whitehorse Leader said the closure was a mutual decision by centre owner Australian Unity and IGA owner Metcash.

Sorry, I was replying to Qwerty’s post about 24 hr Kmart.

Yes Werribee is the same, they have 2 entrances and when they went through their refurb they moved the checkouts to the middle but reconfigured the ones at the smaller entrance that is used for after hours access. On a side note, when did Big W in Victoria stop having plastic bags?

my local store has the same layout, but does not trade 24/7 (thanks to qld laws)

It was only a few years ago when I could choose my own cherries at Coles and Woolworths. They use to allow you to put your hand in and grab bunches or one at a time. That display of cherries always looked so inviting.

I know that this meant that other shoppers had touched my fruit but I do miss the experience. Choosing which prepacked bag looks the best is just not the same…

I know I realised that after I sent the post!

They probably switched to the bag after your type were fondling the cherries too much. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Melbourne’s Highpoint and Chadstone Shopping Centre’s will once again do a 34 hour trade this Christmas from 8am Sunday to 6pm Monday Night.

Good luck to those on getting a park :yum:

2 Likes