Supermarkets and Retail

Hopefully it stays that way. Kraft does not deserve the sales with the way they went about their business with Bega.

3 Likes

Coles have sold out of their (evidently) popular Crackling Ham which has been featured in their Christmas promotion, at least in Melbourne, according to Breakfast with Ross & John’s Rumour File.

Apparently they are going to get more in.

They must be scrambling for rumours if that’s the best they have. I’ve got one they can use:

All the bread usually sells out at my local Woolworths everyday but they always get more in the next morning.

9 Likes

Wow, you know it’s the silly season when that’s what they have to discuss on talk radio…

1 Like

We’re gonna need a bigger pig!

2 Likes

I noticed that the Kingsway Coles store in WA recently updated their outdoor and street signage to the 2010s style with the white writing on red rectangle logo. The outdoor signage had remained the same since its conversion from a Newmart in 2004, minus the Orb device removed years previous, while the newer indoor signage was applied more recently a few years back.

Saw a Nextra newsagent shop being opened in Westfield Carousel that replaced the Japanese novelty store today.

1 Like

What kind of items do they have there? Might pop by, not often you see stores opening like that in Shopping Centres, at least not to ones I’ve been.

They are stationery items, newspapers, gifts, and lottery.

1 Like

A new newsagent opening seems almost unbelievable these days.

5 Likes

Well I for one Am greatful they are very useful for when I need to pick up a magazine or something

What’s that now?

1 Like

Target’s new HQ has just opened in Melbourne’s western suburbs (Williams Landing, adjacent to the Princes Freeway and train station - I drove past it last week and it looks exactly like the artists impression in the below link, prominent):

Also, the old HQ in Geelong is now on the market (shame they couldn’t have used it as a distribution centre, customer service, stoee or history centre - as was once proposed), 40+ years:

A museum for the history of Target in Australia?

They’re bleeding millions. They need every cent they can get.

1 Like

I was at Kmart carousel and noticed that the checkouts are located at the centre of the store instead of at the door. I wasn’t surprised that they shuffled the checkouts. A few months ago, they have revamped the store.

That’s taken a fair while! My local Kmart was done about two years ago and I first saw this layout about three years ago. I think the layout had been around in selected stores for a couple of years before I saw it as well.

I am still not a fan of the checkouts being in the middle personally.

In other Kmart news, I have noticed that my local store does not trade 24 hours anymore. Is this a widespread change?

1 Like

And so begins the ‘mad rush’ last minute shopping, particularly fresh food (hams and in coming days bread/seafood).

Avoid supermarkets during mid arvo to dinner at all costs (during dinner or later night is perfect time)

I hate the new layout, it just doesn’t make sense to have the check outs in the middle of the store. The one in Joondalup is just as bad, you have to cut through to the mens department to get to the what was called the entertainment section (which is now full of just books and tech gadgets).
Oh well, some people hate it , some like it. I have yet to find one person that actually likes what K-Mart did.

5 Likes