Supermarkets and Retail

Had not seen these in the supermarket before today. Apparently they’ve been out for a year.

Baileys – Cold Brew Iced Coffee Flavoured Milk – Non Alcoholic:
Baileys’ Original Cream
Iced Mocha
Butter Caramel and Sea Salt

Which are different to the alcoholic versions which also came out a year ago but only available in liquor shops.

3 Likes

For those who can’t read the AFR article, here’s one from News Corp with a photo:
283a754114e83cc538849a448861307a
https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/coles-opens-first-smallformat-specialty-store-in-melbourne-featuring-instore-chef-and-barista/news-story/3d0fd43cf5ab855a78fff13b45e64a22

The store is located close to the notorious Union Road railway crossing, and takes up the space formerly occupied by New Litho printing company for 40 years (it became Neo in 2016 and since moved to Mulgrave).

1 Like

This is a good blog post from Marcus Wong regarding the history of that crossing and the monstrosity first proposed to separate. I believe one or both parties are proposing to do this and Mont Albert if they win the next election.

They’re really going all out with the Bailey’s branded stuff.

1 Like

You have to wonder whether it builds the brand of hurts it.

they also do nespresso compatable coffee pods

4 Likes

And they are TERRIBLE! :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I quite like Romeo’s - there’s one in Summer Hill that was handy on the way to and from work.

No buyer for Roger David - all stores to shut by Christmas.

1 Like

My local Coles has new touchscreens on the self serve kiosks, and they are better than the old ones, which weren’t very responsive at times.

Has anyone seen any BIG W stores with the new logo & signage? Just drove past Dubbo’s Orana Mall and the Mall sign had the new logo, looks quite dated tbh.

The “new” logo is not so new. It was rolled out over a year ago.

We discussed it back then and agreed with what you’re saying. The old logo looks more contemporary than the new one.

4 Likes

I just googled the release date of the ‘new’ logo and didn’t realize how long ago it was!

1 Like

Solomen Lew and Premier voicing high again, as the once high-end department store powerhouse Myer is still sinking, claiming “not even Christmas can save them”.

AGM next week, calls for shareholders to dump the board.

3 Likes

Are David Jones suffering the same problems? I keep hearing about Myer struggling but not David Jones.

1 Like

It’s a good point.

DJ’s are owned by rich South Africans now. No worries for them, with the added bonus that it’s guaranteed that the parent company can’t force their own brand onto DJ’s.

7 Likes

They did introduce the Woolworths South Africa home brand Studio.W into Australia, along with a couple of other SA home brands, though. I think Studio.W is a rather dull range of clothing and homewares.

Yes. https://finance.nine.com.au/2018/08/24/10/50/david-jones-sales-nosedive-as-bargain-hunters-head-to-kmart

Kmart is still doing okay for some reason.

2 Likes

Dirt cheap.

2 Likes