Supermarkets and Retail

Yep. Massive step back there.

BIG W’s new logo looks very much like their 80’s one.

3 Likes

Backflip by Amazon

3 Likes

Amazon Australia has been a complete disaster. Shut it down!

5 Likes

Yeah. Send all those jobs overseas instead.

Was in Joondalup this morning Sisters IGA has now changed to Farmer Jacks. It’s on second level next to jn hifi in the Joondalup shopping complex.

I knew I read something was changing on here a while back.

1 Like

Are there many IGA’s in WA?

Is it a similar to IGA supermarket?

Here’s a link: https://www.farmerjacks.com.au

Surprised that it seemlessly changed to another independent supermarket (and not Spudshed) considering that centre has Coles Woolies and Aldi.

For those on the east coast, Farmer Jack’s has had a loose affiliation with Foodworks in the past albeit under different ownership.

1 Like

It was a foolish decision. They never should have launched locally until they had the infrastructure in place to deliver a similar experience to the US site, rather than a poorly managed eBay clone (with a tiny range of products fulfilled by Amazon itself) as it currently is.

A bit annoyed that they didn’t backflip sooner as I just spent a bundle on mail forwarding a Christmas gift from Amazon Japan… Oh well.

2 Likes

It’s the same logo from an ordinary person’s point of view. They’re interchangeable either way. Would’ve been better off keeping that money to reduce the loss.

It was a case of management blaming a logo for their problems rather than their own management skills.

1 Like

I’m sure that if they weren’t interested in having a political fight they could have implemented the 10% GST within minutes. The Aussie shop is shit. Having almost no products fulfilled by Amazon themselves mean that it’s just a shit eBay clone with the same terrible quality of sellers who lie about their location.

2 Likes

I think you mean JB HiFi right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah . :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try and get a photo when I’m next at Joondalup. The store layout is somewhat the same there fruit and vegetables are way at the front .

Cafe that used to be is gone too.

1 Like

One of Melbourne’s last drive-ins, the Coburg Drive-In has been sold for $12.5 million to property group Charter Hall. A proviso in the deal will see Charter Hall lease the drive-in back to Village and will continue to operate for at the next 10 years

6 Likes

At least they’re not closing it down.

1 Like

Brilliant news!

1 Like

Seems to still draw a decent crowd particularly on a Saturday night

1 Like