Supermarkets and Retail

Well I’m certainly not getting that satisfaction from 500 posts about Macquarie Sports Radio’s lineup now am I?

Looks like that is how it works.

I used the self serve scanner and took my own bag for a few items yesterday. It automatically came up with 30 points in my flybuys account today.

Regarding this. You can see your Woolies points in your Every Rewards account minutes after you shop. Why does it take 24 hours to see what you have spent in your Coles Flybuys account?

1 Like

No, you should only have to do it once, if they are looking at if any bags have been scanned in. No different to whether or not you get a fuel discount - IF total is < $30, THEN no discount, ELSE award fuel discount.

Not my problem if you can’t get it up over MSR. :rofl:

Because Flybuys has some major issues I’d like them to overcome. Like adding fuel discounts onto the card like Woolies does. I’m sick of having to remember to bring my dockets in, or to rip them off and leave in the car, when I am buggered and want to get in, pack the groceries away and sleep.

Except that’s automatic. For this bag thing they need to scan a card.

Should’ve clarified, I was at Woolworths.

Ah, yes. I can also confirm Woolies is not doing it automatically.

American Express has announced availability of its new metal Platinum Card for Australia. The card number and expiry date are on the back of the card.

2 Likes

…and who here would be able to own one of these puppies? :rofl:

And for an annual fee of just $1,450. - 'tis but a scratch.

1 Like

Those annoying National Tiles ads have made their way to Germany thanks to Australian DJ duo Mashd N Kutcher :rofl:

3 Likes

Apple has revealed a redesign for their proposed new flagship store in Melbourne, following public backlash as the original design looked too much like a “Pizza Hut pagoda”.

Original
2394d5156fcbbaa9446316f9e364f95a%20(1)

Redesign
df96ed1ed55a8361f51b8cee9c6f550e

More images can be found in the article: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/first-glimpse-of-redesign-for-apples-planned-federation-square-store/news-story/383475a8b48041d619429e8fcff4c791

2 Likes

I said from the beginning that the original design looked more Tienanmen Square than Fed Square.

2 Likes

It still really annoys me that they are putting an Apple store in there, however at least the design blends and fits into Federation Square a lot better now.

Seriously?

5 Likes

I went for a trip with my mum and niece and nephew to get her a new BluRay/HDD recorder and phone, and popped next door to Coles to get the niece and nephew something to eat to stop them from whinging. They were given two of those mini shop figurines each, and my god they are crappy. Whoever convinced them to flog this needs their head examined.

1 Like

It’s probably just me but when it comes to Woolworths, a name like that doesn’t really roll off the tongue.
But ‘Safeway’ and ‘Woolies’ do.

On the weekend I bought a chicken Ceasar salad from Woolies. It was in the vege section, so not refrigerated. It contained lettuce and a number of sealed sachets, one of them clearly real chicken meat. What did they do to the chicken not to have to refrigerate it?

P.S. I ate it and I’m still alive.

4 Likes

I’ve only ever seen them in the fridge section with lettuce leaves etc.

2 Likes

Same. Should be in the refrigerated section with the lettuce bags.

1 Like

Have you turned into a chicken? :rofl:

1 Like