Supermarkets and Retail

The Woolies I visited today has new bag frames to accommodate those bigger bags.

3 Likes

I was taken aback when I first saw them but it makes a lot of sense considering how messy and smelly the shelves used to be from leaky bottles.

1 Like

Likewise with the Coles self checkout I used today - works much nicer.

They’re on nearly all of the brands now. Some of them are almost impossible to remove.

Pretty much now. I started noticing it with the milk. The bottled ones, they never used to do it before. I don’t know why it’s done?

To avoid accidental opens and spills.

Just grab a knife and stab it in the middle. :ok_hand:

/dexter

2 Likes

From today to next Tuesday (July 17), people who bring their own bags to shop at Coles can swipe their Flybuys card at the checkout and earn 30 Flybuys points once a day. Similarly, shoppers will get two bonus Woolworths Rewards points for every bag they bring to Woolworths supermarkets, from tomorrow till the end of this year.
I think both are good incentives.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/companies/coles-and-woolworths-reward-customers-who-bring-their-own-shopping-bags-with-points/news-story/804cfc4cedf81b58b884e98e00bdeecf

Here’s a non pay walled article in The Age. How does it actually work, say at the self serve which I usually use.

I’d imagine if you scanned it as you went, it might take a note of whether or not you had to buy extra bags. If you didn’t, then boom - you get the points.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong - everyone else does and take almost sexual pleasure in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

30 points (or 2 points per bag) seems rather pointless to me. Pardon the pun.

Watched the UK version and it was boring IMO

3 Likes

Oops, wrong thread

2 Likes

Oops, wrong account

8 Likes

The shopper got a voucher for the inconvenience.

My mum has seen the same thing in a pack at the deli/green grocer and pointed it out to the shop owner. There was a number of packs infested. :face_vomiting: Might not have been the same brand but they were definitely from Turkey too. As a result, she only buys the ones from Greece.

2 Likes

1 Like

So you need the checkout operator or self serve supervisor to scan a card that they have for each bag you bring in. That’ll speed things up, how absurd.

As I found out today it’s also available in South Australia as well.