Supermarkets and Retail

Licorice Bullets. I can inhale a packet in no time, so I don’t buy them very often. I got hooked on the Aldi ones until they changed their supplier, then I rediscovered the Darrell Lea ones. Takes all my strength not to buy them when I go past the lolly aisle!

1 Like

Call me stupid but I hate licorice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for my favourite (discretionary) snack, can’t really go past Honey Soy Chicken chips from Red Rock Deli.

Sorry to do this to you but Woollies have a very decent bullet for $2 a pack. My wife suffers from the same affliction as you!

I have had the Woolies ones before. They are pretty good. But I will pay the extra $ for the Darrel Lea :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried the IGA ones once. Nearly broke my tooth!

that’s good I wasn’t sharing them anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was going to post the exact same words. Can’t have packets of biscuits, chips, lollies, ice cream or big blocks of chocolate in the house because they don’t last past the first day. If somebody buys them for me I usually toss them in the bin after they leave before I have a weak moment and gorge the lot. I don’t trust myself and never want to let my weight get out of control again.

When I do a shop after work on Thursday I’ll buy a 40-50g bar and enjoy it while I watch Survivor. The only other time I’ll have a treat is when I visit a sister for dinner.

2 Likes

Twisties. But only the bright orange Cheese ones.

1 Like

Favourite discretionary item is smoked salmon 100g packs. Buy that, some bagels and some cream cheese and you’ve got yourself some delicious smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels for lunch.

4 Likes

I love them too.

I also used to get hooked on the liquorice strap (like the 2m long ones you can buy in a double pack), it’s a liquorice brand I like too - Ricci or Freya I think it’s called?

Fyna.

1 Like

And a glass of bubbly to top it off.:champagne:

Oh Tommy always had a feeling you were not a meat pie and cold beer guy.:smirk:

2 Likes

I always have a Peroni. Ask @Sully

And I typically have a coffee with lunch. Alcohol during the day leads to habitual posting in the Presenters and Reporters threads, as you well may know :wink:

2 Likes

Oh that explains a lot kid.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

YOO HOO IT’S ONLY ME

1 Like

@ Chemist Warehouse this week:

9 Likes

kerning is important!

2 Likes

Don’t mess with the corn chips.

1 Like

A few weeks ago, I was in a Woolworths in a country town looking for M&Ms and they didn’t have any, nor any shelf space for them. Must not be a big seller in that county town, but it was the only thing my other half had requested.

Couldn’t you substitite with Smarties? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blasphemy. Smarties are terrible compared to M&M’s.

5 Likes

Not artificial enough for you?

I’ve had an issue about certain products in certain supermarkets. My Woolies didn’t stock Taramasalata (or Red Caviar dip). I had to write emails twice to the manager to convince him to stock it.

At first, I got some sort of standard response that they didn’t think it would sell in the area. After my second email where I told them the local Coles had heaps and I started to shop there more often because they have a wider range, Woolies finally brought it in.

Then I had trouble finding in stock because it was selling out every time I went in. When I got one of those survey emails, I mentioned it. They now have two brands of Taramasalata regularly in stock and sometimes a third gourmet one too.

They’re stubborn with their supposed research sometimes and you have to be persistent to convince them otherwise.

2 Likes