Supermarkets and Retail

I actually liked Starbursts.

1 Like

Natural Confectionery Company is more popular.

2 Likes

starburst chews are good. Although the red ones go straight in the bin.

3 Likes

Allenā€™s lollies are the best.

1 Like

Well today the Australian operations went into administration. All Toys ā€˜Rā€™ Us Australia stores will remain open and continue to trade while the administrators explore options for the sale.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/toys-r-us-goes-into-administration-in-australia/news-story/1699b0958dbe97de1ffde6e0e53e3e90

1 Like

I feel personally attacked.

2 Likes

Were the red ones strawberry or raspberry?

:cherries:

2 Likes

Cherry is alright but not as good as raspberry. If it was strawberry, Iā€™d throw those out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Cherry

My preference of gummi lollies is as follows:

Tied for 1st - Haribo & The Natural Confectionery Company
3rd - Allens
4th - Woolworths brand stuff
5th - Coles brand stuff
6th - Starburst
7th - Allsops (Glucose Sweets) which you usually find at pharmacies
8th - Those godawful No Frills/Woolworths Home Brand/Coles Smart Buy/Black & Gold sweets which I believe you canā€™t buy anymore. I think they were always just rebranded Allsops sweets anyway

Not a big fan of lollies but if they were offered to me Iā€™d have a raspberry or lime one. I used to love the Allenā€™s Red and Green frogs, when I was a child. I went off lollies, in general, as an adult. Chocolate is another thing.

imageimage

2 Likes

You have powerful perceptive skills.

2 Likes

I mean, it has no rival.

I feel personally attacked.

1 Like

Canā€™t stand fake strawberry yet I love fake raspberry. :wink:

Absolutely.

Theyā€™d still have the lions share of ā€˜lollyā€™ market wouldnā€™t they? I just see a sea of red when I walk down the confectionary isle.

Iā€™ve seen their factory toured on Sunrise or something before, somewhere in Victoria, Wallan is it?

My favourite single discretionary item from a supermarket (apart from a Big M or Oak) would have to be this:

There must be a niche market going strong for LD&D, because theyā€™ve been around for about 18 years now! LD&D have a licence from Mars to manufacture the M&Ms Minis component for that particular one.

So begs my question, what is your weekly/fortnightly single discretionary item from a supermarket, if you have one? :smiley:

2 Likes

This:

And yes, that results in a single serve - though I make it with a lot less than the suggested mince.

Absolute perfect mixture of laziness, but expensive per box so itā€™s a sometimes thing.

1 Like

For me, itā€™s 2 things

Tim Tams (Double Coated!) - though a packet will last me 2-3 weeks

Tip Top English Muffins - once a week, Iā€™ll have 2-3 of these loaded with margarine and Vegemite!
Yum!
:smile:

1 Like

A packet of these is lucky to last 2-3 hours in my house (disgusting I know).

I donā€™t have the self control to have treaty foods in the cupboard so usually only have them when I go out. When I do get something to have at home itā€™ll be a small 40-50g bar of chocolate which I can have the satisfaction of finishing the same evening without ploughing through an excessively huge number of calories.

2 Likes