Supermarkets and Retail

Jam Factory does not have office buildings at present.

OK, thanks. That was unclear.

I too did this job years ago. Wasn’t unusual to have at least 1000 standard tickets changed over the course of a fortnight or so. That kind of role certainly helped when you’d have customers ask you where an obscure item was located.

Or when you have a team member with a replacement ticket and they can’t find it either!

1 Like

Village Roadshow currently have offices within the Jam Factory.

Former Woolworths CEO Michael Luscombe has died at 64 from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. He worked at the company for 33 years and was chief executive from 2006 to 2011.

I’ve Written to Geelong City Council about the Long Vacant Milk Bar and Deli at 49-53 Hughes Street in Bell Park Just next door at Newlanders IGA as it could do for a Redevelopment and Expansion of the Current Supermarket That could add an extra 500 Square Metres.

What would the council have to do with it? You want them to force the supermarket to redevelop?

2 Likes

Look at Masters in Mornington, that’s still abandoned.

Get a Planning Permit.

Turn it into a Big W then?

My point is, writing to the council is not going to make it happen. You should be writing to the supermarket or a company that might be interested in the development.

Somebody has to want to redevelop, expand or build it, before the council can approve it.

5 Likes

Yes, council only approves proposals submitted by third parties (i.e. the supermarkets).

They aren’t in the business of property development.

As in you’ve made a submission in regards to a planning permit application? Doesn’t appear to have been an Application since 2014.

I did write to the Supermarket

You’ve done the right thing there. It would have to be a business initiative.

went past the masters in Richlands in Brisbane last night. It’s still abandoned, the parking is fenced up and the gardens are an absolute mess. it’s as if they closed the doors one day and never bothered to return.

I would not be suprised if they get a fine from council for the lack of maintenance

1 Like

Here’s a tip for “outraged parents”… Don’t buy the book if it bothers you.

Probably no worse than the Where Did I Come From books we had in primary school 40 years ago.

9 Likes

When my parents thought we were ready to learn about the birds and the bees they pulled that book out from the back of the wardrobe. They never actually had “the talk” with any of us. I remember asking questions as a young child and being brushed aside with lies that went way beyond the old “we found you under the cabbage patch”. It’s a good thing I wasn’t absent on the day the subject was covered in Health class in high school or I would’ve been clueless until the internet came along.

Just take them to a farm or zoo. Try and catch the animals in the act. They’ll learn very quickly. :rofl: