Super Radio Network

They look more like logos for a cafe rather than a radio station.

15 Likes

Agree, I think they look a bit plain - needs a bit more colour to project some vibrancy and life that better reflects the station’s positioning (particularly for Triple G).

7 Likes

So are they Gunnedah stations or Coonabarabran stations?

3 Likes

It’s at least somewhat consistent with their sweepers, in which Triple G always mention 104.1 Coonabarabran, but lists various towns in different sweepers for 97.5 eg. “Carroll’s 97.5 Triple G FM, and 104.1 FM Coonabarabran” so doesn’t always mention Gunnedah.

1 Like

A very good observation. They could easily be confused for a Coonabarabran station.

1 Like

Yeah agree. Or a hairdressing salon. I don’t like to be critical, but…no.

It really bugs me that SRN does’t have some consistent branding. Sure, keep individual station names, but tie it together with some consistent and proffessional network branding.

3 Likes

I don’t care that they aren’t consistent. Individuality is not a bad thing and IMO should be encouraged rather than the cookie cutter HiT/MMM model, but I just find the SRN logos so aesthetically poor. Like there’s no graphic skill behind any of them. These 2MO/Triple G ones another example. They look nice but I agree with previous comments that they look more like hipster cafe logos or whatever, not for radio stations.

I get that there’s no budget at SRN and poor staff are probably paying for this sort of thing out of their own pockets but this is professional radio not some volunteer effort and should at least try to look the part.

6 Likes

Why would you be paying for this when you can make it for free in many many different ways.

1 Like

UPDATE: According to Triple G’s Facebook page, their new breakfast announcer has just been announced. It is ex-NowFM breakfast announcer Ben.

EARLIER:

Their new logos instantly reminded me of this:

9 Likes

McTriple G Cheeseburger?

Complete with side serving of a mixed bag of music.

4 Likes

*May contain excess 80’s to now

3 Likes

You get what you pay for

4 Likes

IMG_4858

I feel like this is the type of thing you’d see on a sign in front of a religious cult compound…

Plus it’s crooked and looks like something slapped together in paint… no clue or clever trolls :man_shrugging:

I thought it was supposed to be super radio network, not super network radio…

Nothing to see here and no comment they will say.

7 Likes

It definitely does look religious lol

Looks like Jimmy Swaggart is about to appear on daytime TV

7 Likes

Or maybe on the Super Radio Network radio!

Bill might sell Jimmy some airtime to get his tentacles into Australian country radio!

7 Likes

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to hear US-style ‘gospel huxter’ programming on the SRN. As we know, if the price is right and it fills airtime…

There are actually a lot of these ‘brokered time’ AM stations in the US. Most run on the hint of the smell of an oily rag. Unprofitable but for the interminable variations of the God Squad just waiting to add to their flock.

4 Likes

Keep into mind some of the SRN stations play “Messages of Hope”
Trust me they pay well, very well for their 30second-> Multi Minutes on-air spots

4 Likes

Please feel free to send them our way, happy to spread their message for money… :wink:

As Some bloke who gave my hide a whooping as a kid for being a “cheeky little shit” to his grandmother once said…

“There’s a bit of whore in all of us” - KFBP

2 Likes

I am showing my age here, 2XL in the mid to late 80’s use to do this too. A 30 second religious message “Brought to you by your local church”
This would have been in the same era when 2SM was owned by the Catholic Church and had Sunday night religious programming.

2 Likes

Something similar was on 2NX in the mid 1980s… it would be 30 seconds of a Christian song with the end tag of something like “brought to you by your local church”… as 2NX was owned by 2SM at the time as well. It was only usually on at night.

4 Likes