Super Radio Network

That’s little comfort for regional areas where radio has gone backwards in the last 20 years.

And the big networks wonder why people are moving towards streaming and Spotify?

I’d love the legacy SRN network to punt all the talkback and adopt a playlist not dissimilar to Captial (XL/GN/GG).

21 hours of really random talkback from Sydney isn’t what anyone wants. It’s a waste of spectrum.

10 Likes

Agree! And even more so now that the AM network satellite feed is in stereo (as Gordo92 confirmed earlier).

You got it :wink:
The less music the less it costs him to run

2 Likes

A shame none of the industry websites have mentioned it - but long time Triple G Gunnedah breakfast announcer “Greggles” has moved over to sister station 2MO to host breakfast there.

It comes after 2MO’s breakfast announcer Mitch left in May due to personal reasons (according to the station’s Facebook page).

A somewhat turbulent time at 2MO since Jules left the breakfast show. They haven’t had much luck locking in strong talent. Let’s hope by opening up an opportunity on “the younger” Triple G, that they can give a new up & comer a great chance to get into the industry.

15 years at the one station in the one shift is a solid performance. Well done.

4 Likes

The very smart and up to date folk at The “Super” Radio Network finally worked out that they are missing websites for 2NZ and GEM FM, so they now have new ones:
GEM FM - http://www.2gemfm.au/
2NZ - http://www.2nz.net.au/

Also joining the new domain club:
2MO - http://2mo.au/
4ak - http://www.4ak.au/

You would think they would learn from their mistakes and keep domains registered and not link domains they don’t own from their social medias…

In other news Hill FM’s FB is listing a website they don’t own http://www.hillfm965.com.au, hope no-one grabs it…

and 2AD’s website (Linked on their FB as well) still goes to Jets Pest Control, which must be enjoying the traffic.

PS. What the hell is up with their Legality page 4AK Legality, that’s got to be the oddest grouping of text I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Looks like they’re all done by the one web designer. I remember there were a bunch of network station websites a few years ago which were all looking similar. I wonder if it’s the same person responsible.

1 Like

Yes sadly I don’t believe they get paid any extra for their time put into the websites

Let’s hope I don’t get in the shit for saying the below

Nah they knew they were gone, but sadly not much they could do when people were trying their hardest to snap them up the moment they forgot to keep a tab in them all and they lapsed

Sadly only so much the staff can do when they were personally footing the bill for the domains, there came a point when they had enough of paying for company websites

Keep in mind the websites are done by a local producer who does it in their spare time when not doing other stuff around the stations and back when I worked for them got no extra compensation for doing so, and I believe this is still likely the case

6 Likes

I feel sorry for the folks who have to foot the bill or run around after the networks in competence, but that’s ultimately the issue.

The Super Radio Network is so poorly run, that its their fault that all this is happening.

6 Likes

That 4AK logo though… worst in Australia?

Gotta be up there with K-Rock Geelong.

1 Like

My only issue with the 4AK logo is that the text looks too much like the word YAK.

6 Likes

Yes that’s a major problem with a logo when it’s hard to actually read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SRN are crossing the line with that one. I would love to have owned the domains of a couple of rogue employers I have worked for and left after getting the Cinderella treatment - you could do them some real damage and they would have little legal recourse if you owned the domains. Given domains cost next to nothing, why would you even take the business risk of an employee owning your domain name?

4 Likes

It makes you wonder what else they’re skimping on and making employees pay for if the GM doesn’t have the authority to put a $15 domain name on the company credit card.

9 Likes

Wait radio people get company credit cards??

2 Likes

This question doesn’t even need to be rhetorical.

Nobody is doing anything with billcaralis.com.au…hmmm…

4 Likes

I would say management of a very different era answers that question.

1 Like

…so they’ve purchased .au domains because the .com.au domains have lapsed.

What happens when these .au domains lapse? Over to .net.au?

2 Likes

I wonder if they were unable to buy the .com.au domains because of the rules surrounding their ownership - .au domains are open slather.

3 Likes

According to their Facebook pages, it looks like 2MO and Triple G Gunnedah have been given a logo redesign.

IMO it’s a bit silly when the same market has the same logo design. 2NM and PowerFM Muswellbrook are another example of this.

… It is interesting however, how their new websites do not reflect this logo change. Could it be due to the fact the websites were possibly created outside of Gunnedah by somebody else within the network? …

3 Likes

Really like those logos. Good on Gunnedah for having a crack - up there with Taree and Tamworth IMO.