Super Radio Network

Unless maybe it’s done in Arabic!

Re coverage - I note in the current ACMA list, 89.5 is listed as 40kw but 104.7 only has 20kw… but I’m sure this is yet another error as there is no logical reason for why the power level should be different.

1 Like

I’ve seen a Doctor Who episode about this.

6 Likes

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Does anyone know who does the NewFM digital graphics? I’m assuming they outsource, but they’re very good.

4 Likes

Nice graphics! Unusually good from the BOG stable.

4 Likes

NewFM and 2HD seem to be running their own show - along with a few other good ones including 2BS/B-Rock and 2RE/MaxFM.

The above have a decent web presence, along with Radio 531 as well.

4 Likes

You can also add Mudgee - 2MG & Real Fm. For a small market, they have pretty good websites.

4 Likes

Having a couple of glitches getting studio talking to TX RDS. Techs working on it as we speak.
All new transmitters at Woodford Island for both 2GF and FM104.7.

6 Likes

On ya Paul, thanks. I’ll be in town on Boxing Day, it will be sad to hear 1206 go silent.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Is 103.9 at Maclean/Yamba being switched off on Boxing Cay as well as 1206?

Morning @Paul_Covo_Covington
When exactly on Boxing Day is the closedown of 1206 AM? I wouldn’t mind getting a recording of the final moments of the AM signal.

2 Likes

I think today may be the last day of 1206 for 2GF if an announcement I heard this morning is anything to go by. It said that the AM service would be switched off this Friday. Today being Friday so you could take it as read that today is the day.

4 Likes

Maximum simulcast period allowed by ACMA is 28 days, so if they started their simulcast on 25/11 as per earlier in thread (also when their licence for 89.5 took effect), today would be the last day permitted… so that makes sense.

Their web site said they were planning to start it on the 28th (which would’ve made Boxing Day correct) so with the licence actually issued one business day earlier, perhaps there was still confusion at their end as to when that simulcast period actually finished.

1 Like

And the little BE will have a life elsewhere in the network… And remember what BE TX are capable of with an extra card :thinking:

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll get a recording hopefully of the transmitter being switched off.
Will it be on the stroke of midnight or whoever is last to leave Prince St today will turn it off on their way home?

2 Likes

Update. 1206 is off now. It was on at 8am and nothing at 10am. Must have been switched off at 9am give or take.

4 Likes

Yes, but then doesn’t the 2HD BE still have that card in it, but not used?
Still not as good as Nautel TX’s they don’t need any extra cards for that.

2 Likes

That one I am not sure about

But I know the original Nautel is going to be replaced at 4AK as it is getting long in the tooth and will be going to backup TX.
Few people up here keen to get 4AK back in Stereo and been 2GF is on 1206 not much retuning will be needing to bring it up to 1242

6 Likes

Awww damn was hoping to listen one last time. Oh well.

@gordo92 if you ever get back inside Swan Creek would love to see what it’s like.

2 Likes

1206 is still on air - just broadcasting dead air.

Edit: so is 103.9.

3 Likes