Super Radio Network

2RE Taree are looking for a new afternoon announcer, who would also be required to work every third Saturday morning from 6am to Midday.

6 Likes

Is Brent Bultitude back soon on the SRN? He has been away for a while now.

3 Likes

Who is filling in for Lawsy today?

1 Like

Richard King till midday.

3 Likes

Heard something very interesting yesterday (straight from the horses mouth), that the SRN free ride with regards to their broadcast facilities that they don’t own, might be coming to an end, with media companies merging & site owners being sold or joining other companies, apparently some of the old facilities owners were very soft on BOG regarding rental payments, but some of the new owners are not going soft on them.

I heard a few sites, the site owners are owed a few $100,000 in non-paid rent, & they are wanting payment now, apparently BOG have been given a short period of time from now (but has been chased about payments for some time), to pay up or come to an agreement, but they are ignoring the owners & BOG don’t seem to believe that serious consequences will follow shortly if they don’t comply.

Apparently at 2 sites, BOG have until 5th December to comply with rental payments or suffer any consequences that they have been told will occur.

I’m not saying what sites at this stage or who the site owners are, but if terms are not complied with or an agreement on terms by the date I’ve said, it won’t be hard to hide that fact, plenty will know about it & it will probably be across various news platforms if it occurs.

8 Likes

Site rental rights are pretty loose at at many locations and BOG would be more likely than most to test the waters. Back when the National Transmission Agency was privatised this matter was raised with the Commonwealth regarding the Class B TV sites in national parks at places like Mt Dowe which were monopolies - it fell on deaf ears of course. A lot of users like Volunteer Coast Guard and ham radio clubs were thrown to the wolves.

There are some old sites that were community efforts in the 70’s and there is no property title and nobody still left alive who was involved either - I wouldn’t be paying rent at them if I had gear there.

For anyone who is interested the legal precedent is Mt Gray at Goulburn where a landowner let the TV and other users put a hut and tower on his block as a community service. Eventually the son inherited the property and by then the users had developed and added to what was originally there - he took them to the Land Court and ended up getting either rent or compo. The judgement is in AUSLII if you look for it.

There will be heaps of sites with no property title and no legal basis to charge rent. Locksmith wars will likely ensue.

5 Likes

Its been happening for a while, Newcastle NBN gave them a cut off date for rent arrears at sugarloaf, a couple of years ago , so it would be happening at other sires aswes

4 Likes

How many sites do they share? I thought they owned most of their own sites.

1 Like

They don’t own many or any of the FM transmission sites.
I’m not sure on the AM sites, but I do believe Nine are chasing them for rent on the 2SM Sydney site, but this isn’t one of the sites I’m talking about at this stage.

5 Likes

Bill being cheap…no thats not going to happen…/end sarcasm

1 Like

Makes you wonder what he ever buys Pam for special occasions. Underlying human behaviour is always consistent in the long run.

5 Likes

A Super Radio Network coffee mug?

6 Likes

Our Program Guide | 2BS 95.1 FM

It took them a while, but 2BS have finally updated their program guide online to reflect the fact they feature NO Talkin’ Sport (previously listed 6-7pm weekdays).

That officially shows that John Laws is the only SRN program which this station currently takes.

How long is left on the contract before Bill can go through and network his regular programming?

3 Likes

Ahh the disease of the Super Radio Network money restrictions has finally hit 2BS and BRock show guides. Goodbye lovely designed program schedules :frowning_face:

3 Likes

B-Rock (as far as I know) still hasn’t been integrated into the FM Super Network feed either, this is another mystery… it could possibly be due to the 2BS contract, as in maybe they are unable to take both the SRN feed and Nine satellite feed at the same time, it can only be one or the other?

2 Likes

Is 2BS taking SRN News or 9NEWS?

If a tenant at a transmission site cannot pay rent, can the ramifications include, barring them from site, and or switching off their transmitters until they can come to an agreement?

5 Likes

Would likely depend on the terms of the agreement they have, but id imagine those are options available

2 Likes

Graeme Gilbert, Talk Overnight and Hi-Tide Fishing Show are also there.

4 Likes

Wow! I didn’t even notice that.

When did they officially wrap up with Nine Radio?

It would’ve been recently…

1 Like