Super Radio Network

the 2HD one dates back to the 1980s, and AFAIK the New FM one is just derived from its original 1989 logo. Both overdue for an update.

6 Likes

A lot of things are overdue for an update at HD & NEW. Logos are just one of them.

5 Likes

Remember the Grecian marble that was supposed to be part of the renovation of Sandgate? The development approval would’ve lapsed many times over by now.

2 Likes

A nice surprise here in Stanthorpe.

4WK 91.5 and 4AK 99.5 are in proper stereo!
At least for local music, sweepers and ads.
And sounding good too.
2HD Newcastle take note please.

Doesn’t look like there is RDS though (at least in the car), will cross check with my Sony portable radio tonight.

Would have LOVED to hear a 4AK “Rock in stereo” sweeper on 99.5, but since it’s only Stanthorpe that has it, I knew it wouldn’t happen.

4 Likes

:grin:

Yep full stereo, only time it is mono if there is a mono source from Newy or Sydney.
Believe it or not nothing special in air just a Compellor and built in processing.

Nah they are just using Crown TX that have no RDS ability

Floated the item of “Music in Stereo” for when and if they turn back on 4AK in AM Stereo

7 Likes

How long is Graeme Gilbert away for?

The promos on 2SM are promoting Gary Stewart at evenings and barely mention “filling in”. Now, also their website features Gary in evenings.

This reminds me of when Dave Sutherland was continuously filling in for the late great Grant Goldman.

7 Likes

In Armidale tonight, no sign of 2AD on 94.3 yet.

Given 2RE and 2GF got to FM pretty quickly, I wonder what’s going on here?

5 Likes

When Carter Edwards ‘retired’, Gilbert was at pains to say he won’t be retiring soon and has many years of broadcasting left in him.

Which is unfortunate news for many of us.

5 Likes

@Marcus_Paul this is what I was on about yesterday :joy:

1 Like

Can anyone confirm whether or not ZooFM Dubbo have recruited a new brekkie team yet? Their previous team of Sarah & Dan have moved to Mix Darwin.

3 Likes

Try the station or call the competition, SCA, ABC, local newspaper the Daily Liberal?

1 Like

Bathurst radio really loves Gavin Miller’s Classic Hits Countdown.

10am-12pm Saturdays on 2BS, followed by 12-2pm Saturdays on B-Rock.

5 Likes

Bathurst is an interesting market in which both Brock and 2BS have quite a bit of overlap in their target markets. Brock is 18-54 and 2BS 25+ according to the data on CRA website.

As Bathurst is not surveyed we won’t know the stats for each station, but it can be assumed Triple J would rate quite highly and would be #1 18-24, with Brock and the nationals making up the older demographics.

Other fm would be very significant with Orange and Lithgow easily received too.

3 Likes

I’m amazed Bathurst still hasn’t been swept up into the AM and FM Super Network feeds.

9 Likes

Same here. Can only speculate that Bill may have had some type of gentleman’s agreement with the Camplains. Perhaps it’s part of why they were given the nod over SCA

3 Likes

I love how the 2BS schedule still states they take Talkin’ Sport weekdays 6-7pm. This is when they in fact take Sportsday.

So really, the only shared content is Laws.

Are they still taking Nine News? Or SRN News?

3 Likes

2BS and B-Rock are actually the closest thing southern/central NSW has to Breeze and Rebel. It’s a pity BS puts on BS (read: networked talk) most nights; they do air music on the weekend nights and I think Friday night as well.

I have heard songs on 2BS that I have not heard in decades; no mean feat for someone who listens to music as much as I do.

4 Likes

Enjoy it while it lasts. A ticking time bomb.

As soon as the contractural period expires, you watch the satellites arrive & staff numbers diminish.

Sad times ahead for these last remaining great regional stations.

7 Likes

The other ones are the NQ Radio stations (4KZ/4AM/Kool FM), though if I remember Bill only owns 49% of these? All of these stations are quaint anachronisms, too.

4 Likes

And the acquisition of the Alice Springs stations 8HA and Sun FM.

5 Likes