Super Radio Network

Is it really 2PM? Haha… ah well. Still better than “no name”.

2 Likes

For the first time, The Novos/Newcastle content will be broadcast into Bathurst (playing their playlist, not rock).

The rot has set in. Bad move not to understand the market dynamics.

3 Likes

That’s interesting…

B-Rock seem to be playing their own log tonight. Although - I have noticed that the UI for their webstream has changed. According to their Facebook page, it looks like they’re rolling their own log over the long weekend as well.

4 Likes

Could’ve been false information. I don’t think B-Rock ended up taking the show last night.

An interesting logo that I found on the NewFM website:

3 Likes

Bill would love the super network banner, what a joke. He’s probably smiling over his hot cross buns at Broadbeach Waters right now.

1 Like

This part gave me a good laugh

“Krivo is a bit of a tech head and has broken the code to access the company satellite, which means The NOVOS will also take over 15 other radio stations across Australia!”

It’s called been part of the SRN FM Network which comes down Channels 1+2 of the SAT hehehe

2 Likes

For the most part this industry is one that respects each others work and lifts people up. It’s so sad to see some of the commentary on this thread.
Let’s talk about the fact that Bill hasn’t cut the hours, pays or jobs of a single person during this pandemic. And before the old chestnut of “the pay is shit” is wheeled out, as someone who is employed by the company it’s totally fine. In fact, it’s a comfortable wage. On par with most networks.
I don’t understand why the “NEWFM NETWORK” logo is being scoffed at? Last time I checked,thats what it is.

And @gordo92… Geez, that would sound great on a post promoting the show. Nothing like some tech sarcasm to sell an event to a listener.

How about we talk about the fact that here in Newcastle, we’re the only commercial offering that still have local news bulletins.

Sorry for the rant but it’s true. Our network is full of passionate and hard working people who love radio to no end. How about we all stop shitting all over our hard work and dedication.

7 Likes

@MattyHarrison, your post deserves thorough analysis and I look forward to providing some in time to come.

2 Likes

*local news on weekends.

1 Like

Yeah it was a joke but guess you didn’t get that part… Not discounting the fact of how it sounds, simply giving a laugh from a techs point of view… A tech point of view that I might add is from someone who did work for SRN and who still provides remote support to the SRN while on my working holiday here in NZ and likely will be part of the network when I return back to Australia. If your not sure who I am Matty ask Porty next time you see him.

There is no doubt on the fact that there is a SHIT load of passion within SRN and this is something unless you have worked for the network is not always able to be seen from a outside perspective and means that some within the industry only see the bad.

3 Likes

If only they had the resources hey?

1 Like

Can anyone in Bathurst confirm what 2BS-FM airs between 6-7pm weeknights?

Their website says they take Talkin’ Sport till 7pm followed by 2GB programming till midnight. However, Talkin’ Sport wraps up at 6pm - so unless they take just one hour of Sportsday NSW? Alternatively, they may as well take Wide World of Sports and join 2GB from 6pm weeknights.

1 Like

I listened to their web stream from about 5:50-6:10 when they first started to see what they were doing after 6 and it was Sportsday. Guess they just take the first hour? 2BS employees probably don’t even know that it finishes at 6 now.

1 Like

I often wish the rest of the NewFM Super Network would follow B-Rock’s music features… obviously with less of a rock focus.

… I’ve said it before but how good would it be if NewFM and B-Rock shared a rock playlist. Leaving the network to play 80s to Now.

4 Likes

I 100% agree. If B-Rock shared the rock playlist with New, I would think New would be back on top once again and have a good point of difference to the other stations in Newcastle. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it will take more than a rock playlist to get NEW back on top.

They need much more effective marketing and promotion, and personalities that resonates with Novocastrians.

But it’s a step in the right direction :grin:

2 Likes

Probably not on top, but definitely a strong No.2 and would take a serious chunk out of Triple M.

It’s sad. Newie is a city built on great rock and nobody is serving this market.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree about New FM. I recall listening to New FM in the early 90s and thinking it was really the only other FM station in the country I rated up there with FM104 (until 1989/90 anyway). I remember on a road trip thinking the Sydney FMs at the time (2MMM/2DAY) were a little disappointing but on the drive home through Newcastle I was impressed with New.

2 Likes