Super Radio Network

Who looks after the 2UE/2SM and 2KY/2GB/2CH sites now at Sydney Olympic Park?

2SM & 2KY look after their own TX’s.

Macquarie Media/Nine Radio look after the 2GB, 2UE & 2CH TX’s.

Not sure who looks after the 2UE/2SM site/masts (antenna) as a whole, it’s owned by Sydney Olympic Park Authority (SOPA), & leased back to 2SM/2UE.

2KY did own their site & looked after it, but not sure if it was also sold to SOPA in the last 5 years or so since 2GB & 2CH moved there, & leased back? 2KY may still manage the site & masts (antennas) though.

4 Likes

Just saw on Marcus Paul’s Facebook page that he will be taking the breakfast shift on 2SM.

1 Like

An EXCELLENT choice! This’ll definitely not be a boring breakfast show. It’ll get a lot of Jones haters listening too.

Amazing move by Caralis. He is by far their strongest talent and doesn’t put up with the majority of wacko’s that call the network.

3 Likes

John Laws back on air this morning.

4 Likes

Yes I tuned in and out during the day. Good to hear him back.

1 Like

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/community-radio/510/909

Doing what?

EDIT: Just saw other post.

So much for Caralis scaling back local programming hey

1 Like

2HC’s AM transmitter was off the air this morning, allowing a rare catch of 5CK Port Pirie. It’s back on the air but running the standby music. Meanwhile the 100.5 Woolgoolga translator is broadcasting as normal.

3 Likes

Grant Denyer’s wife, Chezzi Denyer is joining Bathurst’s 2bs 95.1 FM.

5 Likes

See what happens when you take holidays! A phase fault in the Essential Energy feed into our hut caused a power outage. Covo in Brisbane, Tech out west so fun and games isolating the problem remotely. Power company says there is supply in the area but no response from the remote control unit spells no supply! Frustrating… standby music would only have lasted as long as it takes the Tie-Line to reconnect. We are on an ADSL feed at Raleigh (Coffs AM) so it does take a minute or two to reconnect.

3 Likes

Considering these guys have probably the least local content across their network, Radio531 does have a pretty well presented website www.radio531.com.au.

1 Like

15 hours of programming a week (excluding news) is really taking the piss

1 Like

They have three staff members. Three. What’s the point?

Think 2HC Coffs Harbour and 2EL Orange are the same but I can’t check; the former’s website is throwing up a 500 error, the latter no longer has one and their Facebook page is skint on details :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m amazed that 3 hours a day (during the week) and probably a couple of minutes reading headlines out of the Port Bugle (or whatever the local rag is called, as an aside do they stretch far enough south to need to get content from the Great Mistakes Advocate?) or the local council press release is considered to be reasonable localism

I get that SRN are competing in these markets with SCA (and no doubt SCA have markets where they pull similar stunts) - but this just shouldnt be acceptable.

2 Likes

Remember too that the only reason they’re only complying after Media Watch and ACMA called them out on it

1 Like

Close … Port News

2 Likes

For only 3 staff members that’s not a bad effort. Some commercial stations have many more and a website that’s over 10 years old.

Good on Radio531 for at least trying.

… now about that “name”. It’d be nice if they actually had a name. Why not just their call sign?

3 Likes

Because that sounds like a time of day.

Still, that never stopped 4AM or 6PM.

As for an alternate callsign, 2MK is the best I could come up with.