Super Radio Network

Good to see 2TM return to its roots bringing back the Country Music Top 20.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting that it says they are bringing back country music as a ā€œmajor partā€ of their programming, but thereā€™s no mention of any new shows, just a country music chart.

A Top 20 Countdown program based on the chart seems plausible, but youā€™d think this would be networked to the other Caralis AM stations.

Andrew Andrews moving on from Real FM Mudgee?

1 Like

I thought Andrew was on arvos/drive?

Not many Caralis stations would have an arvo/ drive presenterā€¦ Probably only the larger markets like Tamworth, Lismore and Dubbo?

Not so true on the FMs.

Thereā€™s a few like RealFM, NowFM and 92.9FM that are local throughout the day. Possibly more if others can confirm.

ā€¦ more local than SCA regional stations ā€¦

4 Likes

Having a look at their website - Station Manager/PD Mal Rock is currently presenting breakfast (presumably in Andrewā€™s place, if my logic holds up), with Dane Durie in mornings.

Most of the FM stations have local breakfast, then mornings or afternoons feeding into Kate Tim & Marty

2 Likes

From the 2TM Facebook page:

ā€œā€¦ We play the best of new and classic country Saturday morning between 6 and 8 with The Country Mike program.

Plus, we do play the above chart and classic country throughout the day with Pete during Breakfast and Sal in the afternoon! We hope you can tune in and enjoy!ā€

2 Likes

Caller to Graeme Gilbert was ā€˜tired and emotionalā€™ and referred to controversial cotton farm Cubbie Station as Cubby House. One of many entertaining faux pas on this sad, old show.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been listening to various shows on this network a bit more since 90.5 2HD was switched on last week, some callers are hilarous for all the wrong reasons. Like one on Sunday who just kept talking and talking even after the announcer said ā€œthanks for your call, time now for the newsā€ - they eventually cut him off.

1 Like

I listen to John Laws every now and again and Talkin Sport. But that is on 1269 :slight_smile: or DAB.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm why Sportsday NSW was not on air this evening on BOG AM stations?

Graeme Gilbert was instead taking calls at 7pm tonight.

2 Likes

Was there a show produced for them to air? Crocmedia need the question to get to the root of it.

I thoughts it was Monday - Thursday only. The post cast confirms that there havenā€™t been any Friday shows.

2 Likes

As is reflected on the SEN3 schedule. Off the Bench appeared in the same timeslot last night

1 Like

From NEWCASTLE RADIO thread:

I know there is a lot more to radio station than this , I quite like the way 2SM lets the announcer have some control of the playlist, they can take calls on issues too and keep you updated. In my view this is winner format, rather than everything very automated like it is on the music stations. The quality of the format come from some creative announcers rather a corporation having strict control on the format. It can be new music old music whatever, people listen to the station because it is the person behind the mic rather than strictly for the format of the music.

I too like that the Super Network allows an extent of freedom, however, I feel at times it is too much freedom. Branding is a bit all over the place (e.g. is it Super Network or Super Radio Network).

Iā€™d like to see someone step in and take at least some control over the announcers and style of presenting. At present itā€™s all a bit of mish mash (sometimes country, sometimes classic hits, sometimes sport and sometimes full on talkback).

Pick just one direction SRN and stick with it.

5 Likes

A caller on ā€œTalk Tonightā€ a few minutes agoā€¦

ā€˜Iā€™ve got a question about erectionsā€™ā€¦ a few seconds awkward silenceā€¦ ā€˜oh I mean buildingsā€™

The caller then got dumped for being ā€œimmatureā€ā€¦

Then the next caller rang up, said ā€œhello hello helloā€ in a bad accent and got punted as well.

Strange radio.

6 Likes

Graeme Gilbert always attracts the bizarre, who can forget ā€œIndiaā€?

1 Like

They are ā€œthe worldā€™s smartest audienceā€.

1 Like

I drove under ten minutes tonight and was treated to that fool going to air.

Gilbert asked his age range and the caller said 18 - 65. Too broad for Gilbertā€™s liking.

What would help would be a producer who is given the brief to screen calls and reject idiots unless Gilbert requests.

Most nights, Gilbert doesnā€™t have a producer, he answers calls in commercial breaks or straight to air, ā€œyour name pleaseā€, itā€™s very dangerous to run talk radio this way.

3 Likes