Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Yet in all social media photos I see of him when they do these sorts of trips he looks really happy like he’s loving it and liking to boast about where he is.

Besides the show has only been doing these frequent trips since Pell was boss, before then they only occurred very rarely and for news purposes most of the time. So don’t try and tell me he doesn’t enjoy it. He could easily keep the show in the studio if he wanted to if it was too much for him. I know it’s meant to be promoting viewer inclusion by allowing regular viewers be part of the show in a way but it is extreme and the majority of people don’t really like seeing a breakfast TV show turned into some sort of reality TV show or soap.

What happened did Channel 7 break up with you? Are you okay did you want me to send David Koche to your house to see if you need some sunrise? (sunrise!) praise the lord! LOL. Sorry but you walked into this one my friend

I don’t see what the big deal is with Channel 9 doing the beach thing like Sunrise, it’s a sporting event , Nine should be covering it and so what if it’s at the beach? Public spot, get some air, try and pull the ratings in! the views! It’s about business mate!

Social media is a brand, and anyone on there is branding themselves. So yeah he should be posting those sorts of photos , promoting himself and his show. What’s wrong with that? I feel like your criticising him on a personal level? He’s the EP, he’s got the social media count for himself - why shouldn’t he post some happy snaps?

No one is saying that… calm down. :stuck_out_tongue: Geez… louise.

I feel this comment is pretty much well not needed… Are we talking about his stress levels now are we?

Whoa, big conjecture there. You don’t know what the views like and dont’ like , I don’t either. You don’t know what he gets feed back and what kind of ideas going on from behind the scenes.

1 Like

That’s what people do on social media. Even more so people with profile roles, such as being executive producer of a national television show and knowing that he’s representing the show and Seven. I’m not saying he’s not being genuine but he’s hardly going to post “oh f*** I’m off to (overseas location) groan groan grumble”

I didn’t. But neither should you be. Do you know him? Maybe he does love it. Good luck to him if he does. We should all be so lucky. I’m just saying maybe he doesn’t. To be honest I don’t think I would love it.

Really? With a sponsor waving big bucks and network accountants saying they need the money, I’m not sure that he could just stamp his feet and say he’s not doing it.

Sunrise and Today are newstainment. So is The Project, so are half the news shows on TV nowadays. If you want serious stuff in the mornings without the fluff and all of that, go and watch ABC News Breakfast.

6 Likes

Exactly. Social Media is used by most to creating a picture perfect life, not show how stressed and overworked you are. We all know by now that it’s never as perfect as people portray it to be.

5 Likes

You should look up the word perception. It’s very easy for someone to show people what you want them to see and look, it’s clearly worked on you.

Lots of noise behind Sam on the beach during the Facebook discussion
Protestors?

1 Like
3 Likes

The protesters are so loud and bombarding the live broadcast

Nat reading the 8:30am news inside the control room

6 Likes

Looks like Nat has been moved to the makeshift studio? There was no autocue for her.

Sam Mac was padding in weather and now introducing segments.

This is a disgrace. The people protesting should be ashamed of themselves. But of course I’ll be attacked for saying that.

I don’t care what they are protesting, they are jeopardising the future of all live broadcasts with their actions.

12 Likes

Discussing protest

7 Likes

The protestors are just making their message seem weaker by constantly ramming their opinions down everyone’s throats.

The foul language and general disruption is not a good way to get people on board your cause.

11 Likes

Yes the future of OBs at the beach is much more vital than human rights.

15 Likes

So it’s totally okay to take land by force, but if you protest once on television then you’re the bad ones? Got it.

11 Likes

Agree.

4 Likes

Protests seldom work when they are quiet.

1 Like

Oh noes! Won’t someone PLEASE think of the Sunrise OBs???!

Please. Sunrise a couple of weeks ago literally put to air a segment about the re-introduction of the Stolen Generation. They’ve got no right to put to air such shit and then have absolutely no one question them. I, for one, am glad that media organisations are publicly being held to account. Good on the protestors for speaking their mind.

17 Likes

Agree, it is a disgrace and never resile from your opinion @NewsKing, it is your opinion, no harm in that, you’re not inciting violence or hatred with it.

Doesn’t help their cause with the sustained protest, make your point in two or three breaks, once it’s acknowledged on air, disband.

2 Likes

The language and aggressive nature of the protestors doesn’t do their cause any favours but Sunrise only has itself to blame. The Stolen Generation segment a few weeks ago was a disgrace and ignited the anger. Armytage and Koch’s smarmy attitude when discussing the protest behind them didn’t exactly help.

6 Likes

Stay classy protesters. Dickheads.

3 Likes

Expecting double glazing and heavy curtains to be installed today.

2 Likes