Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Sam isn’t sitting around chatting with a group friends, she is broadcasting on national television to a huge audience over which she has a substantial degree of influence. She shouldn’t be making any sort of comment or recommendation or whatever you want to call it.

And the issue isn’t just the comments she made (which fly in the face of basic journalistic standards) but the fact that her ego is too big to say “sorry, that’s just my opinion and you should always follow your doctors advice instead of mine”.

7 Likes

Maybe MediaSpy should have asked the questions…

5 Likes

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/sunrise-stars-admit-theres-someone-in-the-team-they-dont-like/news-story/5d54c6488c53c1fc70264a8df9952cb8

Things got off to a juicy start when they were asked if there is any member of the Sunrise team that they don’t like.

Both Kochie and Sam said no but the lie detector machine revealed they were lying. Awkward.

When asked if they think they’re the biggest star on Sunrise, all three personalities said no. Once again, all three were proven to be lying.

The hosts were also quite candid when asked if they spend half their time on the show “talking crap”.

“Yes, but that’s no reflection on me,” Sam answered. “I mean, I’m paid to do a job.”

5 Likes

Of course the journos were eagerly awaiting to pounce on this segment from Sunrise this morning to make fun of it rather than focusing on proper news stories and other more important matters…

One could also argue that Sunrise should be focusing on proper news stories and other important matters rather than some ‘lie-detector test’.

12 Likes

They do, every half hour and plenty between 6:00 and 7:30. But of course the only things they notoriously get known for are stunts like this which really don’t constitute much of the show at all…

Yet they’re the only things that get heavily promoted by virtue of always being aired on Monday’s…

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

It’s written by a journo whose job is to write about TV.

1 Like

I always wonder why whenever Sunrise have the big stars in at Brekky Central, they always remove the comfortable couch and force the stars to sit on the less comfortable stools, similar to the ones the hosts sat on in their studio in Pyeongchang recently for the Winter Olympics. I don’t know why they always do this, go for the cheap option when the big name stars come in and make the studio look more empty I suppose. They did this for John Boyega yesterday & David Duchovny today and other similar stars in recent times. Anyone got any ideas?

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s what I mean but it doesn’t answer my question…

I’m not sure those big wide shots would work with the couch. It provides a bit of visual variation anyway which I quite like and the stools can’t be too bad given they spend most of the show perched on them anyway.

My personal theroy: they do it to increase the “exclusive” look - By removing all the furniture from the set (desk included) it makes it look more special maybe and puts the star in the spotlight rather than the set?

I personally agree with you though, it is strange and probably uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Eddy was back presenting entertainment today after being in Pyeongchang for Seven’s Winter Olympics coverage.

2 Likes

What exactly is “helping to host”?

2 Likes

I would’ve just said after working on the Winter Olympic coverage, helping was definitely the wrong word to use in my opinion anyway.

2 Likes

co-hosting?

3 Likes

Yes. Hosted would be fine too as she did host on her own most of the time.

Michael Usher co-hosting with Monique once again this weekend.

3 Likes

As a sidenote, apparently Sunrise/Eddy has been banned from the Oscars red carpet on Monday yet they have been saying on the show and in the promos that they will be there:

Also Freddie Highmore will be on the show live at Brekky Central next week when he is in Australia.

3 Likes