Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Im a big fan of Matt but he seemed very serious this morning for Sunrise.

5 Likes

He was also employed by 2GB for many years doing a nighty finance program, co-hosted the 2GB breakfast program with Lucienne Joy for a while, and had his own program Your Money And Your Life on Ten and was at the time on Ten’s news.

3 Likes

I agree, the Chemistry was also lacking (only in that if you have seen him with Natarsha it’s hard for anything to match).

5 Likes

Sam thanked Matt in closer for the past few days. I have really enjoyed Matt being on the show.
So Kochie must be returning tomorrow morning.

6 Likes

After a win in week 38, Sunrise has now exceeded 20 weekly wins for the year including ties. Today has won 11 weeks which is closer than it was looking at the start of the survey. Sunrise is ahead on average audience watching as well.

7 Likes

Interesting.

4 Likes

I agree with the point of view that weeks won are not a valid measurement. You can imagine a scenario where one program (breakfast show or news bulletin) won 21 weeks by very narrow margins like 1-2,000 people while the other program was well ahead in the other weeks.

1 Like

Wednesday (27.09.2107): Natalie Barr is co-hosting with Kochie this morning. Edwina Bartholomew is reading news, in addition to her entertainment duties.

3 Likes

Thursday (28.09.2017): Eddy is reading the news this morning, as Nat is off. Sunday Night reporter Alex Cullen is presenting sport.

4 Likes

3 Likes

And where is Nat again ? :joy:

3 Likes

I’m liking Alex on. Was certainly a surprise to see him this morning ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree it is a surprise obviously Beretts regular fill in Ryan Phelan wasn’t available this morning.
With Alex’s prior experience presenting sport no surprise he is doing so well this morning.

4 Likes

Sam said Beretts had been admitted to hospital last night and Alex was last minute. Given his years presenting sport on Sydney news, Alex was great on the sports desk.

2 Likes

Friday (29.09.2017): The team are live from the MCG ahead of the AFL Grand Finale.

Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news again this morning and Ryan Phelan is on sport.

4 Likes

Yesterday afternoon Kochie and Sam were at the Seven stand at the Royal Melbourne Show.

6 Likes

Last night Kochie made a brief appearance at The Front Bar too.

3 Likes

Do we know if the Weekend Sunrise team will be presenting from outside the MCG tomorrow as well? They really should do for grand final morning, I hope I don’t see them couped up back in the studio tomorrow morning when they should be amongst all the grand final excitement.

Also it might be worth mentioning that apparently for next week only in addition to the $10 000 the Cash Cow gives away daily, all the people who win the Cash Cow draw each day next week will be in the running to win a new car, a Hyundai Kona and these five people will be flown for Sydney for the draw. They say it is to celebrate the release of the new car…

2 Likes

On holidays apparently:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZm9LNvFCYA/

3 Likes

They have in the past broadcast from Melbourne on Grand Final Day.

It’s only at the MCG this year as Federation Square is getting works done

2 Likes