Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

@nationalnews

5 Likes

No, she had two days off this week because she was at the Perth Fashion Festival, not because she knew she would be co-hosting Weekend Sunrise this weekend. Btw when did Mon say she was going on holidays? I don’t believe she said she was last weekend…

1 Like

As your aware it is s not always mentioned on air that someone is going on holidays.

4 Likes

Normally they do announce on air though so their dedicated viewers know why they might not be there in coming days/weeks; that’s how I know that a presenter from any of Seven’s news shows are going on holidays to announce it here on this forum…

2 Likes

I agree. Natalie Barr and Kylie Gillies both have much better chemistry with Kochie compared to Sam Armytage. Not to mention the former two have some news credentials unlike Sam.

1 Like

After graduating from Charles Sturt University with a Communication Degree (majoring in Broadcast Journalism), Samantha Armytage started her career as a reporter and back-up presenter at WIN Television in Canberra.

Samantha was then approached to work as a political correspondent for Sky News in the Canberra Press Gallery. There she covered breaking stories including the 2001 Bali bombings, the start of the Iraq War, a federal election and the January 2003 Canberra bushfire… coverage that brought her to the attention of Channel Seven bosses in Sydney.

17 Likes

Monday (18.09.2017): Sam Mac is off sick this morning. With James Tobin on holidays and Eddy in the US, Sam and Kochie are reading today’s weather.

2 Likes

@nationalnews

Sam with be back tomorrow morning.

Eddy at the Emmys this morning.

5 Likes

I got excited about this headline, Koch was about to leave.

But when I clicked it was about his AFL role, so I stopped reading.

7 Likes

Sunrise is now promoting their team’s news experience.

7 Likes

Pretty decent promo.

5 Likes

New promo:

12 Likes

Simon Reeve reading weather forecast this weekend

5 Likes

Good promo. Shame the show isn’t as classy as this. Same could be said for Today show.

3 Likes

Not sure how Kochie has 39 years experience though. In what- finance? It is implied news coverage.

1 Like

Financial news is still news, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Kochie’s experience prior to Sunrise was mainly newspaper journalism in his field of expertise finance and some work with financial companies and his own business.
He was also involved in reporting on finance news on nightly bulletins for Seven prior to Sunrise and has continued to do this over the years on a occasional basis.

5 Likes

Monday (25.09.2017)- Tuesday (26.09.2017): Matt Doran is co-hosting with Sam.

5 Likes

Sunrise will be live from outside Members Reserve, MCG on Friday ahead of the AFL grand final.

3 Likes

7 Likes