Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I know that many disagree, but I really can’t stand Andrew O’Keefe as a presenter of either game shows or Weekend Sunrise.

For all I know he might be a top bloke off screen, but as a TV presenter I really don’t like AOK.

5 Likes

I definitely feel Mike Amor is much better than Michael on Sunrise. Anyway, AOK would NEVER replace Kochie permanently.

Kochie may still be in Shanghai for the inaugural AFL China game.

The Project takes the piss out of this tonight by saying that they had a major announcement and then they declared that they had an “exclusive” interview with Tom Cruise…in prime time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wonder if they meant to say Adelaide in the Perth promo just now?! :thinking:

The Cash Cow is now making ‘early’ calls at 6:55 each morning to try and give away money more often by trying to catch people before they head off to work and it seems as though this plan will work in the long term with the jackpot going off for the first time in this slot this morning.

Ringing perth at 4.55 am it would be worth being woken up lol

Kochie returns on Monday.

1 Like

My revamped Sunrise team when Kochie retires. A revamped Sunrise could improve the ratings

Mike Amor (co-host)
Natalie Barr (co-host)
Angela Cox (news) - From W/S
Ryan Phelan (sport)
James Tobin (weather)

Mmm, pretty good actually. Personally I don’t really like James. If I had the power, the Weather would be done at 7 with David Brown to add some seriousness to the show as well as longer in depth news updates

If you were to add Mike Amor and Angela Cox to Sunrise, you’d probably have to make the format of the program more serious/news-based than it is now because I definitely couldn’t imagine those two happily participating in weeks of OBs overseas and Cash Cow giveaways!

Not that this is ever likely to happen of course but after a decade doing news/sport, I personally think Mark Beretta & Natalie Barr should be the co-hosts of Sunrise. Or even Larry Emdur & Kylie Gillies as it’s been suggested before, but I couldn’t imagine those two leaving The Morning Show.

2 Likes

I like the idea, although I personally would take out Amor for Beretta, as much as I like Mike Amor when he does co-hosting. Michael Usher might work as well if Fergo stays on 6pm.

1 Like

Nice team, although not going to happen anytime soon with Michael Pell as EP.

2 Likes

Last week (Week 20) there was a tie between Sunrise and Today. Sunrise won Monday by a large margin, then Today won the next three days until Sunrise won again on Friday.

3 Likes

Good luck to Sunrise tomorrow with their Brekkie with Tom spectacular, particularly if there are further developments on the Manchester Attack.

For some reason as of this week, the Cash Cow has gone back to only making one phone call each morning it would appear, if yesterday and today are anything to go by

1 Like

Tom on Sunrise

“Sunrise WORLD EXCLUSIVE as Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2”

6 Likes

Eddy presenting news this morning.

5 Likes

A rather unfortunate slogan for a number plate in this situation; even the “Send us your Instagram pics” seems misplaced.

4 Likes

Was today the day Tom Cruise was supposed to be on the show or was it postponed because of the attack on Manchester yesterday?