Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

After winning Monday and Tuesday by just 1,000 on both days it was looking like a close contest at breakfast this week but Sunrise bounced back and won Wednesday by 20,000.

2 Likes

Kendall Gilding is presenting news this weekend.

4 Likes

A case of too much orange.

2 Likes

Glad to see she’s getting better. But I still would like to have seen Sarah Cumming or Angie Asimus present in place of Angela Cox.

2 Likes

On that note has she ever filled in on Sunrise? I honestly don’t remember

I don’t think she has.

1 Like

Agree. Even Hermione Kitson. Not a real fan of Kendall TBH (especially given that I see her every afternoon).

[quote=“NewsAustralia, post:2543, topic:69”]
On that note has [Angie Asimus] ever filled in on Sunrise?
[/quote] No she hasn’t.

Kendal is like watching paint dry…

4 Likes

I disagree. I’ve always found her pleasant and professional. Yes she’s not “out there” but that’s not what a newsreader is meant to be.

The only thing that I don’t like about Kendal’s presenting that there always seems to be a lot of dead air.

Eddy presenting weather this week while Sam is on holiday.

2 Likes

Sunrise won week 17 by 14,000. It was another clean sweep of days but Monday and Tuesday the wins were only by 1,000.

4 Likes

At least they won on those days. One would’ve easily thought that Today was going to win Monday and Tuesday.

1 Like

Sunrise will be broadcasting live from Airlie Beach on Friday May 5, to showcase Cyclone Debbie’s recovery.

1 Like

###Sunrise heads back to North Queensland

Friday 5 May from 5.30am

Sunrise will head back to North Queensland, just over a month after Tropical Cyclone Debbie left her trail of destruction. Australia’s number one breakfast show will broadcast from the worst affected areas, to showcase the remarkable recovery.

This Friday, Sunrise will broadcast from three different Cyclone Debbie-ravaged locations in North Queensland - Airlie Beach, Bowen and Hamilton Island.

There will also be a special LIVE music performance from Airlie Beach by one of Australia’s most popular musicians, Shannon Noll. ‘Nollsie’ will perform his brand new single ‘Southern Sky’.

‘Southern Sky’ is out this Friday, tune into Sunrise for the exclusive premiere of the ‘Southern Sky’ video.

“We think it’s really important to follow up on stories like this, not just forget about them when they leave the daily news cycle,” said Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell.

“North Queensland is open for business. That’s the important message we’ll be sending to our viewers.”

Sunrise is encouraging locals to come down to Airlie Beach Esplanade, the heart of the Whitsundays to see the show LIVE from 5.30am.

Join the Sunrise special coverage Friday 5 May, LIVE from 5.30am

Videos

6 Likes

After Today won Monday’s ratings, Sunrise was ahead again yesterday but only by 1,000 - looks like a close week :sunrise:

4 Likes

Angela Cox back presenting entertainment today

4 Likes

9’s improved performance the night/s before is having an impact.

Sam live from Airlie Beach with the rest of the team back in the studio this morning.

Angela Cox presented Entertainment Wednesday - Friday this week.

4 Likes

Sunrise is ahead by at total of (just) 34,000 this week, so if Today win by that much this morning …

2 Likes