Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Didn’t Wake Up give away $1 million back in 2013?

1 Like

Today did something similar as well in 2016 or 2017, they did the spin the wheel with $1 million as the top prize and the $10,000 the lowest.

Has anybody offered a prize bigger than $1m on brekky TV?

If not then $1m is still the biggest ever prize regardless of how many $1m prizes there have been.

3 Likes

Monday 3 February- 5:30am-10:00am

Nat hosting with Kochie and Angie Asimus reading news this morning.

Sam Mac is visiting Bushfire zones this week he is presenting from Kangaroo Island this morning.

Nelson Aspen is back today.Screenshot_20200203-055500~2

7 Likes

Sam was at the Australian Open last night.

1 Like

Strong audience for Weekend Sunrise over the weekend. Notably, the Perth audiences up and as high as their Brisbane market.

2 Likes

its seems like melbourne is the biggest audience of weekend sunrise

2 Likes

Today was +100k behind on Sunday.

Also on weekdays.

2 Likes

What did Today on the weekend actually rate? Would be good to see the city breakdowns.

i was just watching something on the today show on 9 now and could it be that people of melbourne like a breakfast tv show thats a bit more serious then the today show ??? hence why sunrise rates better in melbourne then today ???

Sunrise won on Monday by almost 50,000. Today won in Brisbane by a large 13k and improved in Melbourne to post its highest weekday rating there this year. It was Today’s second best result so far this year.

4 Likes

i think i have answerd my own question reading the higher numbres in melbourne for sunrise. it clearly now states that melbourne prefur serious over the banter on today

Wednesday (05.02.2019): Sam is presenting Showbiz today. Nelson’s on assignment.

4 Likes

Tuesday saw Sunrise up and Today down compared to Monday. The margin was 70,000, with Today ahead by 1,000 in Sydney and equal in Brisbane with Sunrise maintaining big margins in the other markets.

3 Likes

Good luck to Nelson who is nominated for a award for his work on Sunrise at a ceremony in LA this week.Screenshot_20200204-132055~2

5 Likes

Sunrise won Wednesday’s ratings by 70,000 as Today slipped below 200k for the first time in two weeks. Today won in Brisbane while Sunrise was ahead by a huge 20k in Syndey.

5 Likes

so who won in melbourne ??? and by how much

I think even though he didn’t mention specifically, Today winning Brisbane (without mentions of other cities) probably meant Sunrise won everywhere else, including Melbourne.

1 Like

yes but sometimes melbourne only wins sunrise by not that much

Valid point. https://twitter.com/cmmortlock/status/1225131486199762944?s=21

4 Likes