Sunrise

What’s to shift? Just fill 8.30-9.30 on 7mate.
Stick the last hour of NBC Today there instead of 6-7am on the main channel.

1 Like

Ben Davis just said the cricket starts 9am tomorrow on 7 in Brisbane. Shame WS won’t be live.

1 Like

Could all change at the last minute if more cases are reported and if a press conference takes place.

5 Likes

True. No doubt they will do live crosses to shops and testing centres etc in Brisbane throughout the morning. As a Qld viewer it’d be nice to know these were live and from an hour ago.

1 Like

New promo just aired during BHG in Brisbane.
Some previously used footage, some new, “2021” split logo as used on other 7 promos, not sure of the tune…

4 Likes

I’ve always liked this area with the normal Sunrise desk and colours (I believe there is a cap somewhere) It looks better than the current setup at the burnt screen.

Remove the stage lights though.

6 Likes

Promos tonight
QLD

National

9 Likes

I agree! Imagine If they just put the desk infront of the actual windows to the left!

Or

I’m assuming the screen behind the couch (although replaced) is still on wheels? Wheel that out and put the desk in front of there with the wooden border!
Get creative.

3 Likes

Video of Queensland promo - 1 minute and 30 second versions.

4 Likes

Saturday and Sunday

Beretts and Mon hosting, Sally is back reading news

Update: Matt is in chair on Sunday

10 Likes

I’d love to see a promo at some stage that includes the weekend team too.

6 Likes

What’s with the “eerie” grain all over the part of the intro that mentions Brisbane in lockdown. Ffs. Dramatic!

4 Likes

Yes!! They do this every weekend in the Weekend Sunrise opener no matter the story, just to dramatise it. So annoying!!

1 Like

So in Qld WS ended at 9am, cricket to commence and then they go to the Premiers press conference and cricket goes to 7Mate.
Why couldn’t we have had the full program live 6-9am?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Press conference ended and cricket now on both 7 and 7mate.

1 Like

Probably didn’t know the time of the Premier’s media conference at 6am this morning.

2 Likes

Probably one of the worst shared sets in Australian TV right now.

No flow between each parts, crappy couch, lighting is off-brand.

Just overall dated.

6 Likes

It’s not too bad, they just don’t use it well.

I did say when it debuted that they won’t get as long out of it as they did with the previous one (which actually won an award).

In this set there are far too many light boxes and coloured lighting. They should EMBRACE their location.

Their next set should have a homely feel, feature some wooden elements and expose the windows more. In fact, get me to design it!!!

5 Likes

Could the young blond reporter in Brisbane today please sort out her hair? She stands talking and constantly flicking her head because she must feel like it’s in her face (looks ok to me). It’s hanging down on one side. Yesterday she had it back over both shoulders but flicked her hair then as well.
More spray? Tie it back? It’s really distracting to watch!