Sunrise

The easier thing would be to do sunrise live into adelaide and then just give adelaide a few extra morning show advertorials later on.

2 Likes

Or put on a repeat of their favourite show Border Security to fill the air time. Sunrise is a news show and should be live into Adelaide all year round and live into Brisbane during daylight saving time there is no excuse not to.

5 Likes

Agree.
7 needs to rebuild in Brisbane, and it’s going to get harder with 9 now having the Olympics, especially 2032 in Brisbane.
They could do a Qld Summer Sunrise from 8-9, or 8-8.30 depending on whether it’s a cricket day or not…
They have plenty of news/ sport/ weather/ reporting talent who could share the roles across summer.
Start planning now!

1 Like

That would be ideal but I don’t see that happening unfortunately. But I could see them do updates locally from Brisbane but I would say they should do it locally in every state not just Queensland.

1 Like

I wouldnt be too concerned about 2032 just now. It is 8 years away.

The tv landscape may be significantly different by then.

5 Likes

My point was that they just need to keep up some local presence/identity.
9 has NRL and Brisbane Olympics.

Shaun White presenting the Early News today.

Noted that all on air reference to ‘5am News’ has been replaced with ‘Early News’ now.

2 Likes

was the 5AM/Early News done from Adelaide with Eddy this morning?

1 Like

Shaun White did it from Sydney

3 Likes

![Sunrise_20240405_0754.ts_000634454|690x388](upload://gMZ596Db4fPqrLC

hsBqE8jVkgPp.jpeg)

8 Likes

Nat rides the zip line…

9 Likes

How did 9 and 7’s setups compare?

1 Like

The lighting in many of those desk shots make it looks like Nat and Shirvo are in front of a green screen and the background is poorly keyed into the shot.

Ironically, Seven News Adelaide has had some pretty shocking chroma key skills the past.

Seven was in the Gather Round festival in Elder Park, while Today was on the mini wharf on the Torrens River, where the Pop Eye cruise docks.

2 Likes

Omg it does look like they are in front of a green screen! Look at Nat’s jacket the outline

3 Likes

Backlit?

6 Likes

It didn’t on the broadcast.

What’s wrong at sunrise and why are they slipping in the ratings? They must be worried with TODAY almost always winning the 3 east coast markets now and from time to time topping them in the 5 city.

2 Likes

Beretts has been on WS Sports Talk both days this weekend, from Adelaide.

5 Likes

It is the flow on from good performance across the board from Nine.

2 Likes
6 Likes