Sunrise

Nostalgia is a very powerful drug :wink: just saying…

The 2004 theme, on the other hand… :heart_eyes: should never have been ditched.

2 Likes

Looks like chaos :smile:

Later

A team on Good Friday

10 am finish

9 Likes

Missed the Easter egg shot from the lounge.

2 Likes

6 Likes

The shock! The chaos! Ooh, so terrible!

2 Likes

Just on this, I think there’ll be a lot less families flying at the moment, especially with a very early Easter this year doesn’t feel that long since summer holidays where many would’ve already been away, with cost of living and inflation and all too.

I took a look at Melbourne’s traffic map yesterday at 5:15pm and today at midday… It was terrible and seemed more so than usual. Possibly many hitting the road instead this year and staying somewhat local, even choosing to leave today on Good Friday instead of yesterday - maybe to try and avoid the traffic rush which has backfired today eg. here: Lake Nagambie/Shepp, Murray River region, Ballarat, Bendigo and the Chinese dragon and parade is a massive one, Geelong, Gippsland/Lakes Entrance and the usual suspects of Mornington Peninsula, Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island.

I think times are still really tough for a lot of Aussies, especially your average, middle class fam, with a couple of kids, previous travel or holiday traditions might’ve changed. It is also school holidays now as well, so if going away for week(s) instead of just the Easter long weekend, might be more affordable and better local tourism accommodation deals vs your overseas fare.

mod: I realise this might belong in a better thread

30/3/2024 Natarsha Belling is reading the news this weekend.

EDIT 31/3/2024 Eddy is co-hosting with Matt today.

5 Likes

Okay, I think I’ve changed my mind… I still think the version in that Sunday Sunrise video you posted is dated, but the main version has aged much better. I take it all back! :grin: Bring it back!

1 Like
6 Likes

Set looks great (still miss Martin Place though), graphics do the job, presenters are decent, so no complaints for the most part… but why do they still insist on calling it ‘Weekend Sunrise’ when, to all intents and purposes, it’s the same as weekday Sunrise?

3 Likes

Different hosts.

1 Like

So? (That’s not aimed at you btw, but channel 7.) They don’t suddenly change the name of the show when Shirvo and Nat are off. Not that this really matters, I suppose. Just an observation.

Also different segments and format, and airs 7am-10am instead of 5:30am-9am

5 Likes

Maybe it jas something to with ratings too. If you call it Weekend Sunrise then those shows can be reported separately weekly and monthly. If you call it Sunrise then it will be averaged out for the whole seven days. You would certainly have a different audience on a weekend.

4 Likes

Really good point, hadn’t thought of that. Makes a lot of sense.

Agree. It’s not called “7 Weekend News”.
Sunrise can get away with one name, because they often used hosts interchangeably between shows, and there is so much consistency.

Whereas Today and Weekend Today are clearly quite different, and such a difference in quality.

2 Likes

Though Ten’s weekend news is titled as such, that’s because they don’t produce local bulletins on weekends, though Perth does get a localized bulletin produced from Sydney due to the time difference.

10 doesn’t call their weekend bulletin that. It is just titled 10 News First.

Should’ve said they used to.

3 Likes

In the ratings tables, both editions ow Weekend Sunrise (Saturday and Sunday) as well as various segments (early, late) appear separately.

For news, despite having the same names, News bulletins Mon-Fri average are reported separately to Saturday and Sunday.

3 Likes