Sunrise

Labor politicians have arguably built up a bigger reputation for shutting out the media and going through their own mediums. Look at Dan Andrews (and Jacinta Allan now), he very rarely appeared on Sunrise or talkback radio.

2 Likes

But if they weren’t white it would be ok to complain?

How does skin colour come in to it?

3 Likes

Wtf

I mean haven’t seen Peter Malinauskas or Jeremy Rockliff on Sunrise much.
Like these people have stuff on they’re not at the whim of Sunrise or right-wing shock jocks.

2 Likes
3 Likes

During the pandemic there were border restrictions. But now, interstate politics has little relevance to me. It’s just a switch off for all but one state. Not sure why a national breakfast show would want to actively seek out an interview.

2 Likes

‘Shocking deadly bridge collapse’

Music: ‘happy happy new day!’

Do we think this is done from the news set?

I’d believe so

Yeah a little too bright and breezy for a straight news bulletin

2 Likes

Oh c’mon OnAir! A cargo ship, losing power, failing to anchor and drifting, crashing into a pylon and causing an entire bridge to collapse, in one of America’s most crucial ports, with a roadwork crew subsequently all presumed dead… What’s not to love about that jolly, upbeat music! :wink: :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Should have gone the whole hog and used Duran Duran :crazy_face: I could make some joke about reaching up for the sunrise… but I have far too much decorum so I won’t :wink: Not sure why they haven’t just used The Mission tbh.

2 Likes

Could be an excuse to use this version of the 1999-2004 theme again…

10 Likes

It’s ok but doesn’t need the loud wooshes…

3 Likes

At the risk of being forever ostracised… I think that theme has aged really badly. It sounds great but just wouldn’t work now.

2 Likes

Desk area being used for standing presentation this morning…

8 Likes

Much better than the other standing area.

9 Likes

‘this is Sunrise Early News’
the title card says Sunrise 5AM News…
7 and the lack of consistency strikes again.

11 Likes

Oh it definitely would work now. The regular 1999-2004 theme with the red opener graphics was Seven News at its best. Bring it all back.

Yeah I know, wishful thinking.

6 Likes

1999 theme would work really well with the current graphics IMO.

1 Like