Sunrise

We need a new platinum level badge for members quoted by the DM.

11 Likes

I second this

3 Likes

Time to say the hottest takes and present them as facts?

1 Like

12/1/2024 Matt Doran co-presenting with Mon today. Beretts back on sport.

5 Likes

Perhaps Katie is having a quick break to then relieve JT on weather for a while…

2 Likes

It’s great.

When 7 and Sunrise is so dominant in the market, and the local news window is full local Perth news not updated national news for the delayed Perth broadcast - I’m confused why they do this for Perth and not other markets?

1 Like

This is to counter the three-hour difference between WA and NSW/Victoria during daylight saving.

3 Likes

They used to do the same in Brisbane during day light saving last year but it didn’t come back this year. In the other time zones there is not a big difference in time. But I’m of the belief that Sunrise should be live during daylight saving in Queensland and SA and NT and not just during major news events. It would mean that the show would finish at 8am local time in Queensland but i would put in a filler show after the Morning News.

2 Likes

I’d happily have Sunrise/Morning Show live into Adelaide all year. They could make the local morning news an hour (fill with some overseas fluff and maybe some sunrise segments) to fill the void. Wouldn’t mind local news in Sunrise like Perth gets either.

4 Likes

Isn’t the morning news national?

Nope

Entertainment cross presented differently today with the reporter on the left and time/city on screen above her.

1 Like

It used to be, until Adelaide and Perth got local editions in 2021.

1 Like

Didn’t Brisbane have local news at one stage or was that on Nine?

1 Like

2 Likes

Weekend Sunrise promo

Otherwise it looked like a weekend today :smile:

5 Likes

But the local news inserts is all local news - and none of it seems time sensitive.

3 Likes

Sunrise had a local Brisbane window between October 2021 and April 2022, using the same format Perth has. News updates were presented by Bianca Stone from the BTQ studios.

1 Like

Sorry, I was referring The Morning News at 11.30am.

3 Likes

Yes it did, way back…for a short time one summer, I think.