Sunrise

Font looks larger on the supers today.

1 Like

No change in size of text but the whole main block has been moved closer to the bottom of the screen with slightly less height to be overall less intrusive.

Monday (L) Tuesday (R)

The biggest change is the increased size of the boxed vision. So overall less graphics clutter with a lessened footprint. Looks much better.

No change in headlines and other graphics

11 Likes

Supers have definitely shrunk in size. Looks much better.

8 Likes

Those traffic supers are BIG, always wondered who/where they’re produced (Sunrise control, station level or network play-out) as they’ve always seemed different to the rest of the package and are during ad breaks rather than in-program (probably so they can air per market). Are they still provided by ATN?

Which also brings me to the Perth feed, which I watched a bit of yesterday (as for some reason weekday Sunrise at least Mondays don’t seem to get uploaded until later in the afternoon and wst time zone means a couple of hours behind), they get lcoalised openers, crosses to local news and of course the local news inserts. Do Nat and Shirvo pre-record these segments before dawn or during est zone ads?

2 Likes

Good changes. Does the ticker now fall outside of the TV safe zone though?

1 Like

Sunrise v Today

2 Likes

I reckon it could be too low for TVs that have overscan turned on - if there are enough complaints they may have to adjust.

1 Like

do TV safe zones even exist anymore?

3 Likes

Yep, sure do.

Why? Weren’t they for when everything had to fit to both 16:9 and 4:3… nobody’s watching 4:3 tv anymore, analog is switched off everywhere.

1 Like

They are still definitely applicable for 16:9 overscanning. I’ve encountered a few TVs which don’t have the option to disable overscan so there is a good chance that the updated ticker could be cut off or just on the edge of the screen.

3 Likes

Really? I have never come across that issue, would have thought it’d be an issue for a vast minority of users and wouldn’t be a problem with any modern TVs.

5 Likes

Love the Morning show lighting

I suspect the boxes were moved down a bit so they didn’t merge with the background. Sometimes the orange arch in Nat’s box merged with the arch behind it.
Does that make sense?

3 Likes

The boxes were made larger reducing the graphics footprint.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the HD watermark in awhile. Is this new?

You’re about 5 years late :wink:

2 Likes

HD watermark is there because it was part of World Cup sports coverage (Live and free etc).

3 Likes

I’ve noticed some changes this week to the lighting above and below that long narrow screen in the performance area. Must be attempting to make it more visually appealing

5 Likes

First on Sunrise :wink:

5 minutes later

9 Likes