Sunrise

The amount of “effects” seems reduced on the headlines though there are still some with a lens flare.

17 Likes

Are these automatic camera’s or still the manually controlled ones?

Looks like a mix.

Close up on the new Mic flags.

8 Likes

Why does this remind me of Sky News

16 Likes

Really impressive update and modernization for Sunrise. I love how bright the place looks compared to Today’s studio.

It’s going to take time to adjust to them not being in Martin Place .

8 Likes

Brilliant evolution of Sunrise.

6 Likes

The Canberra backdrop perhaps?

1 Like

Mixed views on the new look, I like the rectangles in the opener, could tone back on the video effects over the vision though, not a fan of the lower thirds.

Studio, from what I have seen so far it’s okay, desk feels wrong for the space.

4 Likes

Can’t see any operators

7 Likes
8 Likes

Stedi-cam is still in play

2 Likes

Standard cameras are the robo ones. Only the Jib and Steadycam are manned. (And a floor manager)

It’s a shame. The people who worked last week in Martin place on them likely no longer have a job on the show now.

Overall it’s a great update and “evolution”.
I’m not sold on the ticker and lower thirds. The black text doesn’t work. And if the supers are going to be that big. The headline text should be bigger (I know it’s ironic).

I really love the headline graphics and full screen animations though. Very slick.

8 Likes

2 Likes

It looks so fresh. Waiting to see any other parts of the set (soft set, performance area? Kitchen?).

It will be interesting to see what changes are made on the set for TMS.

10 Likes

Looks like a floor manager than a camera op.

2 Likes

Congratulations Seven, already blown TVNZ’s changes out of the water with this. Great set, great lower thirds, and while that logo looks weird without the inner circle it’s still the same Sunrise logo you’ve known for years. Our media could take a few pointers.

9 Likes

18 Likes

Almost needs a postcode like Perth’s desk.

I’ll say it’s nice that they’ve kinda got a homely look with those vases near the couch though.

8 Likes

Looks absolutely fantastic.

All that’s left is that they need to bring Sydney’s news set around the country and then 7 really have a nice and modern look.

8 Likes

Studio tour

18 Likes

Does it? I think they have had bigger desks over the years? The one at Martin place was wider.

2 Likes