Sunrise

Love Mon, She’s a million miles better than Edwina, and watchable!

My Mom went to school with her lovely person inside and out. What you see is what you get with her.

8 Likes

I think Mon and Nat would make a better on-air pairing that Nat and Shirvo.

4 Likes

I think Nat and Mon would be a great combo but it seems everything is pointing to Matt Shirvington which is disappointing.

If we ever get to have Nat and Mon then we can have Shirvo and Doro on weekends :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Ha- natural is one word I would not use.

2 Likes

Can we stop all the whingeing? He hasn’t even been announced yet. Anyway, if the polls are any indication, Shirvo is the most popular candidate. I’m sure Seven have done some research on who the public prefer.

5 Likes

No Cash Cow option in the poll?

As for Shirvo, he presented Sydney Weekender last year, before Sam Mac took over. Shirvo said he wanted to focus on his Sports Presenting. In the last five months, he has read the sports segment for Sydney’s News on Fridays and Saturdays , and filled in for Sunrise here and there.

For me, i am hoping that he joins Sunrise as the Sports Presenter, and Mark Berretta becomes the main host. A familiar face to the Sunrise family. Like Natalie Barr being promoted from News reader to host.

4 Likes

Won’t happen. They’ll be looking at long term lolsuccession, and Eddy and Shirvo are the future. Beretts is great but he also has sport and charity commitments that he won’t give up. Next line of succession is filling news and sport when the time comes. Katie Brown could be an option for sport or weather if Sam Mac tires of travelling

5 Likes

They’re a great team together. So are Mon and Shirvo.

4 Likes

That I can see happening when Nat steps down, whenever that is.

They did present together during the (delayed) Tokyo Olympics in 2021 and I think they also did so on Sunrise in January 2022 when Kochie and Nat were off.

1 Like

If articles were tipping Eddie McGuire was the most likely to take over, the poll results would favour him accordingly. Most people will back a winner to be right, not necessarily their preference.

The trajectory of linear TV increasingly shows this is an irrelevant strategy. You need to be choosing the best person right now, not someone who might be good in five years’ time, especially for the most prominent gig on the show.

(P.S. they forgot about long term succession when replacing Samantha, even knowing Kochie’s tenure was coming to an end).

I dont understand this comment, and may his misunderstood, but Nat was clearly the main fill in for Sam for years and ready to take the role when it became available. She is not close to retirement and likely has another decade in her if she wants. I think its succession planning at its best and now they have two solid options waiting whenever Nat does decide to go - Eddy and Mon.

5 Likes

But you went to school in the US?

1 Like

I don’t think Eddy or Mon have the wow factor required - I think they need someone like Sarah Harris or even Natasha Belling.

1 Like

Agreed. Id Say Mon and then Eddy are naturals as fill ins and to take over from Nat when the day comes. In saying that I too cant see Nat leaving anytime soon and have to say that her and Berettes lasting this long means the show still is in safe hands to long time viewers.

1 Like

I absolutely agree. My comment was a response to a user that suggested choosing Beretts or Larry for Kochie’s job would be poor future planning, when they are similar in age to when Nat took over.

2 Likes

Definitely. I’m half American.

Shame she’s rotting away doing that Project, Getting half the viewers that Sunrise gets. Waste of talent.

1 Like

It would be really nice if they threw caution to the wind and tried something different. But we know they won’t.

4 Likes

Nat was always next in line. As for Kochie’s tenure, Matt Doran was being groomed for that until the ‘the incident’ and Shirvo has been in play for quite a while = long term succession.

But Sunrise has always been about the Sunrise family. They want the audience familiar with the hosts and will always introduce new people slowly.

8 Likes

Exactly. Just like Katie Brown. She’s almost guaranteed to be taking over Beretts when the time comes.

5 Likes

7 Honestly needs to build a bridge and get over it. We all make mistakes, Just can’t long term punish someone because of an incident that happened close to two years ago. I find it disgusting to be honest, Some have done much worse and have recieved a slap on the wrist.

9 Likes