Sunrise

Recent version of their Start With Sunrise promo.

Promo for Monday

3 Likes

They’ll have been sponsored by South Africa’s tourism board or a tour company.

Extended Sunrise (AEDT) ahead of the Super Bowl.

4 Likes

Coles must be getting plenty out of their “What’s for Dinner” sponsorship with Sunrise. Today, another ‘news’ story over “controversy” about new hot cross bun flavours, with complementary live crosses and live tastings. A “thumbs up” from Kochie. I saw at least two like this last week. :unamused:

2 Likes

I watched a few minutes of Sunrise this morning before the Super Bowl coverage, I don’t remember Kochie being so boring to watch.

“Sunrise Today” the new merged breakfast show coming to Seven and Nine :wink:

14 Likes

Bianca Stone leaving the program at the end of the week.

180 Likes, 43 Comments - Bianca Stone (@bianca_stone7) on Instagram: "A highlights reel to reveal some personal news… I will be signing off from Sunrise for the final time on Friday. This has been a difficult decision- Sunrise is like a family...

1 Like

Highlights reel can be seen on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Bianca_Stone/status/1625317213405319172?s=20&t=z1kUvdr2YtsgCHrhsrYCNA

A highlights reel to reveal some personal news… I will be signing off from Sunrise for the final time on Friday. This has been a difficult decision- Sunrise is like a family (albeit a little dysfunctional at times) and I have experienced some incredible career highlights over the past 6 years… from swimming with sharks to jumping out of a plane… sleeping in an underwater hotel and flying over the Great Barrier Reef. I’ve travelled across the country and around the world, covering terror attacks, Royal visits, floods, fires, cyclones and too many tragedies. Thank you to all of those who have trusted me to share their stories - many of you have now become friends. A special shout-out to my work husbands, master camera operators Luke Miers and Paul Croll, thank you for putting up with my predawn demands. Cheers to the viewers for (sometimes) laughing at my bad jokes and continuing to watch the show. As for the future… the only thing I’ve committed to is taking a short break and turning off the 2am alarm.

Good opportunity for a Brisbane reporter to get a national profile.

6 Likes

Does it mean Bianca will return to work in the Brisbane newsroom?

1 Like

Given this line:

As for the future… the only thing I’ve committed to is taking a short break and turning off the 2am alarm.

I’d say it sounds like she’s leaving the network?

9 Likes

According to TV Tonight, Bianca will continue in a freelance capacity for Seven News.

3 Likes

Queensland based Sunrise reporter Bianca Stone is departing after 6 years with the show, understood to be for family reasons.
She first joined Seven’s Gold Coast bureau in 2008 but will continue in a freelance capacity for Seven News.

5 Likes

Bianco was farewelled briefly in her last appearance, saying she was leaving to look after her family in the morning.

Also farewelled on TMS

7 Likes

There are crosses to James in Perth this morning, reporting on Harry Styles fans camping out for tickets.

Also, freelancer Sarah Jane Bell is up from Melbourne and reporting for Sunrise from Brisbane this morning. I think she mentioned on Weekend Sunrise yesterday that she used to live in Brisbane, so maybe a nice fit to replace Bianca. Though, it is quite possible they will announce someone permanent later… just please not Georgia Costi.

5 Likes

And Joel Dry, from Brisbane, was reporting from Melbourne.

3 Likes

Sunrise is now doing 5-minute interviews with state opposition leaders. I’m sure that is a ratings hit

2 Likes

Part from NSWs… what other state opposition leaders have they had on?

1 Like

You prefer more interviews with Tik Tok sensations? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

23/2/2023 Shirvo is co-hosting with Nat today.

24/2/2023 Kochie co-hosting today; makes sense given he was off yesterday. Katie Brown is presenting weather.

4 Likes

Was it mentioned at all where Kochie is? Sick?