Sunrise

Mark Beretta is at Bathurst again; with a Sunrise microphone.

Saturday

2 Likes

Lots of ‘we’re off to war!!!’ talk this morning on Sunrise with the spy balloon being show down.

1 Like

A bit like 99 Luftballons :balloon:

4 Likes

Sam Mac is in South Africa this week!!

1 Like

He’s gonna be in the jungle :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

On a rival reality TV show

1 Like

Maybe he can stay there.

2 Likes

Some are tipping that Dr Chris will be Kochie’s successor in a few years. Stranger things have happened.

We’ll see if he’s moved into the Sunrise mix come July.

6 Likes

I actually had this thought the other day. He’s definitely like able enough. But does he do serious news though? He’s not a journalist.

Anyone know when Nat’s 20th anniversary on Sunrise is? I can’t recall if she commenced at the beginning of the 2003 ratings year, or part way through…
She commenced before Grant Denyer and I have a feeling he started mid-year sometime?

On par with Shirvo.

3 Likes

From memory Nat began in February 2003.

As for Grant Denyer, he commenced in September the same year.

5 Likes

He’s only signed to a two-year deal though. If he walks after that, they’re back to square one.

1 Like

For the benefit of others, the only “reporting” relating to this came from the Daily Mail who regurgitated the story from New Idea, so I would be wary just for now.

3 Likes

Sam Mac in South Africa

Earthquake coverage

4 Likes

This morning Sam Mac was in …

Compared to the usual location graphic

Also this morning

5 Likes

Not sure if this was brought up elsewhere, but talking about network contract value in The Front Bar thread recently on Mel McLaughlin, this could be yet another example… James Tobin working for Seven Sport on the cycling recently (and added to BH&G a year or two ago)! And he still doesn’t look a day over 12 :joy: Remember when he was “Jesse” back in the “Go Go Stop” children’s TV days in the mid-2000s, been at the network for nearly 20 years too and on Weekend Sunrise for over 13 years now.

8 Likes

I believe he first started on “The Big Arvo” around 2003 prior to “Go Go Stop”

3 Likes

No NewsFeed this morning?

1 Like

I only saw a handful of crosses, but it felt like an odd place to do OBs from. Not only is it pitch black for the Australian audience, but it was close to midnight in Africa (making guests on the segments surely difficult to secure). There seemed to be a lot of “this is what we did earlier” tapes.

Better than Shirvington.

3 Likes