Sunrise

Mylee said it at one stage this morning.

1 Like

Great job to Monique in particular though. She’s done a great job this summer. Matt must enjoy being back in the weekday chair too with Shirvo away.

Ive been a Sunrise viewer for longer than some people on this forum have been alive i imagine. And Monique has been around in some capacity or another for most of that time.

It is great she is finally getting the exposure she is now.

12 Likes

Monique has certainly grown into a very competent host. She’s shown how versatile she is, going from reporter to weather to host. Initially I found she could be a “bit much” at times but find her excellent these days. She’s a great interviewer, and does so with confidence, insight and empathy.
Hats off also to Eddy who has similarly grown from intern, through weather to news presenter and fill in host.
And JT has done an outstanding job too, doing such a long stretch on weather across summer. I think they should even try him sometime as fill-in weekend host to see how he goes.

10 Likes

I don’t want to open a can of worms here but people who insist on other people using gender neutral pronouns to describe themselves have to know it’s not easy. It’s going to be almost impossible for everyone to remember to do that, especially when you’re not familiar with the person or know that is their preference.

9 Likes

Definitely. And grammatically “they” is incorrect, so it makes it awkward as it doesn’t come naturally.
I’m sure most would just appreciate the effort made by others even it they don’t always get it right.

2 Likes

Eddy’s interview was great.
Good questions. No clipboard. Very warm and got to the essence of who Sam is.

Seems it was an “exclusive event” for 300 guests rather than an exclusive interview.

1 Like

WTF is going on here??

1 Like

Sam Smith this morning

And on News Breakfast at almost the same time.

5 Likes

Mon is relaxing while Matt is reading to her from Harry’s book.

It’s called “having a laugh” or “taking the piss”. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s not.

3 Likes

It is in generally accepted modern usage, however, that will have to change now as times change. So it’s good to know there is history of the singular use of “they”… may help the cause of those wishing to use it as their pronoun.

1 Like

Nat’s 20th anniversary on Sunrise must be coming up soon. Pretty sure she started on news early in 2003. Not sure if it was at the beginning of the official ratings period.

2 Likes

Sat 14/Sun 15 Jan 2023:
Monique heading on a break.
Eddy co-hosting Weekend Sunrise this weekend.

5 Likes

Well Mon has hosted all week, she needs a weekend.

8 Likes

She commented that Eddy can finally have her break in 2028. :rofl:

7 Likes

Yet Eddy hasn’t stopped since the start of Summer?

She’s great but surely there’s some other presenters who can fill-in seamlessly on weekends? Sally Bowrey and even Natarsha Belling comes to mind.

2 Likes

Eddy had last weekend off so Mon gets this weekend. Sally is likely still on leave.

6 Likes

It’s probably a deliberate ploy to make sure they have members of the A and B teams fronting at all times. By here Instagram it looks like Sally’s on leave, and with Tarsh joining Triple M breakfast, she may not be as available as before.

5 Likes

Definitely deliberate and it’s worked well. IMO

10 Likes