Sunrise

No…it was live.

1 Like

Ahh yes my bad it was live and we definitely saw the face.

Look at the images below to see the man behind the Cash Cow at your own risk.

11 Likes

Big numbers for both commercial breakfast shows on Thursday.

Sunrise was up 20,000 from Wednesday and Today was up 30,000. Sunrise was ahead by under 20,000. News Breakfast was a distant third, almost 50k behind Today. Today was ahead of Sunrise in the three east coast markets with Sydney recording on of the show’s best numbers in recent months. The margins in Melbourne and Brisbane narrowed between all shows.

Syd T > S > N
Mel N > T > S
Bri T > S > N
Ade S > T > N
Per S > T > N

7 Likes

If Sunrise weren’t concerned before, even with Melbourne and Brisbane heading to Today, they need to take a look now. Sydney is starting to tune out as well, with only Adelaide and Perth left.

7 Likes

As a person in Melbourne, I now go to News Breakfast. I don’t mean to be personal, but Sam comes across with a Holier than though attitude, carrying on about lockdown, which she hasn’t had to experience. When you have lived it, you can most certainly speak from personal knowledge. I for one do not like being lectured to by someone who really has no knowledge and at times appears to be causing more stress for those of us experiencing it.
Also they do not carry news stories from Melbourne, it is mainly Sydney news with a bit of Corona from other states.
If you are truly an Australian breakfast show, perhaps include EVERY state when reporting on stories.

11 Likes

The Melbourne market will always gravitate towards a local product. It’s historically evident over the decades. I always said if Ten launches another breakfast show, it should be Melbourne based as it would have the upper hand on its Sydney rivals. We see this with The Project too.

3 Likes

Maybe but ABCNB has been on for a long time, and only during COVID has it really broken through, especially in Melbourne. I do agree, Sam has a lot to do with the haemorrhaging figures on Sunrise.

6 Likes

I tried Today for 2 days and I was back to Sunrise this morning. I quite like Alison and Alex but there’s just something flat or drab about the show.
Here’s hoping Sam keeps her opinions moderate so I can stay viewing again…

1 Like

When was this set used? First I have seen it.

6 Likes

This is in Melbourne on what used to be the set of AFL Game Day.

IIRC for a period of time in 2013, Sunrise would broadcast live in front of a studio audience in Melbourne every Friday, to help boost Melbourne’s ratings.

15 Likes

Correct. I think for roughly 10 weeks or so (in 2013) the show was coming out of Melbourne every Friday. And yes they had an live audience.

4 Likes

And in 2007 the show came out from the TVW-7 studios in Dianella the day after Telethon. The 2007-10 graphics were perfect.

5 Likes

I had the opportunity to be in the studio audience the day after Mel announced she was departing the program.

We were able to get on set and on camera towards the end of the program that day as they had a segment on onesies. Each of the studio audience had the opportunity to dress up in a onesie. It wasn’t my proudest moment wearing one but was able to get on camera.

I remember posting some photos of the set and HSV7, but I can’t remember if they were posted on this forum or the old forum.

10 Likes

Sam Mac reporting from Brisbane for AFL Grand Final this morning.

7 Likes

I feel like they’ve missed their opportunity to really make the most of Sam Mac in Qld. So I’m glad they’re using him today.
They should’ve been running special promos in Qld for the last week or so. And when they “cross” to Sunrise at the end of 7News each night, they could’ve used Sam Mac in Brisbane, promoting where he’d be the next day.

5 Likes

I just noticed behind Matt and Mon that there’s quite a few people peacefully protesting for the cause African Lives Matter.

Have Sunrise done something to disregard the African community in the past, or did they just randomly decide to protest at Martin Place?

1 Like

What?

They show a prerecorded preview of Sunrise now at the end of the news.

2 Likes

Why? Is this like the Today previews that are shown throughout the day?

Usually starts with, “Thanks Sharyn and Max”… and ends with, “see you in the morning Qld.”

4 Likes