Sunrise

Isn’t Monique just on leave? I’m sure we knew before the queens death that Mon wasn’t hosting this weekend.

I would be surprised if they didn’t send Susannah Carr over. She’s also been the ‘face’ of major royal events.

4 Likes

Sunday 11 Sept: Kochie and Nat live from
Buckingham Palace. Standing position/on stools out the front of the palace.
Rob Jobson (Royal expert and author of King Charles’ biography) with Kochie and Nat. Victoria Arbiter at the palace.
David Woiwod is also reporting from the palace.
Sally Bowery reading the news at Brekky Central.
JT doing the weather from Government House in Victoria for the signing of condolence books from 8am.
Dr Keith Suter at Brekky Central.

7 Likes

Surely if they drop everything to travel half way around the world and possibly host the show every day for 10 days, finishing work after midnight everyone of those days, upon returning from a 24 hour flight the least Seven can do is give them the rest of the week off.

6 Likes

Agree. Mon and Matt are a very capable team, and could easily do Wednesday-Sunday. They’ve previously done the weekday show over summer.

8 Likes

Ally’s baggage must’ve been held up at the airport carousel. She made it to air 3 hours after Nat and Kochie. Lol

6 Likes

From the small bit I caught this morning, I thought today’s show was the most enjoyable of the past few days. Less “let’s take a live look at this empty driveway as we fill time” and more funny anecdotes from Johnson and Dr Keith. Kochie seemed much more relaxed too out from the desk. According to TVTonight, Eddy will be joining them in London too.

Despite what you noticed the other week, they were still verbally referencing “Weekend Sunrise”. With Kochie and Nat hosting, I thought it could have been an opportunity to phase it out if they had any intentions of doing so.

5 Likes

The Today Show left the ‘Weekend’ brand and just said ‘Today’ @nationalnews

1 Like

I noticed and thought the same.

1 Like

Congratulations to Sam Mac and his partner on the birth of Margot Grace.

Speaking of weather presenters, I wonder if Sunrise will have a weather presenter this week (they did today on WS). If so, will they continue with Katie Brown or use James Tobin? Katie’s style may be a bit too energetic for this coming week…

6 Likes

I hope they don’t continue with Kate she was annoying. I hope they continue with James Tobin i can stand him and actually prefer him over Sam Mac

4 Likes

Unfortunately she is so annoying- even my wife can’t stand her🤷‍♂️

8 Likes

Looks like Eddy is now flying over as well, according to her Insta stories

3 Likes

Wow. That’s a big deal with 2 little ones at home. Maybe she’ll stay on a day or so once Nat and Kochie return.

1 Like

Eddy in London. Monique reading news back at Brekky Central. Shirvo reading sport. JT presenting weather.
That’s what I love about the Sunrise “family” … never feels like they’re fill-ins.

10 Likes

I’ve been living in London since 2017 but originally from Sydney. Walking past the edge of the media ‘tent city’ at Buckingham Palace this evening we heard a familiar Aussie voice speaking quite loudly - Kochie!!

Sunrise have quite a basic setup, but are one of the closest tents to the palace.

13 Likes

Starting at 5:30 Sunrise was using a Queensland watermark - however, not very well; not only did it overlay the usual watermark it was seen across all promos and ads.

It was sort of fixed by 6:00 am. Seems like another tactic to boost the local audience.

However, it kept overlaying ads and was removed by 6:10 am

Now back to normal

8 Likes
4 Likes

Hmm he sounds nothing like he looks LOL

Not too promising about the set look and feel from his comments.