Sunrise

Sunrise using an inset in top left corner with live pictures of crowds at Buckingham Palace

2 Likes

Not sure on that intro - seems a bit overly dramatic. Today’s was much more respectful.

Some more Sunrise

5 Likes

Agreed, highly over-dramatic, especially the music choice. I get it’s a huge news story, but far out.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t all these caps be in the coverage thread for the Queens Passing?

1 Like

I felt it was appropriate and I hate anything “hyped”.

From TVTonight:
5.00am Saturday/Sunday
Weekend Sunrise, hosted by Sally Bowrey and Matt Doran

Wonder if Monique is on her way to London?

5 Likes

Sunrise promo tonight says “Nat and Kochie live from Buckingham Palace” so they must be on their way over.

7 Likes

Commentators are say the funeral will take place in the next 14 days, so will be having the show come from London for two weeks?

How long did Sunrise run for today? Did Kochie and Nat stay on air? When did Musher and Angela take over?

Midday

7 Likes

Why would they fly them over now, when the funeral isn’t happening for a few weeks? Would make more sense to send them over for the funeral when the rest of the media will likely be there, sending them now won’t make any difference to them hosting from the studio.

Surely they won’t appear tomorrow as it is a 24 hour flight?

Mel & Kochie did host for 7 days outside Buckingham Palace in the lead up to William & Kate’s wedding with Monique Wright on the ground also.

If Nat & Kochie do indeed spend 14 days there, it would be good if they kept some consistency and had Eddie & Beretts cover the ‘other news’ at Brekky Central.

8 Likes

At work in the UK, we’re being told Saturday 17th.

2 Likes

Live from the plane. lol

4 Likes

Promo didn’t say when…

Ahh roger that, fair enough. Was about to say good luck getting them on tomorrow given the flight time.

I presumed it meant from Monday. But maybe they’ll cross to them on WS on Sunday if they’ve arrived and are set up.

It’s it a few weeks. It’s literally in 9/10 days.

It’ll be 5-6 days from Monday.

If it’s not until Monday, they’ve made a misstep in announcing it so early. Now Today has sent its hosts over, which looks to be a late change.