Sunrise

From memory they were flying down every Friday for about 6-8 weeks over winter to help boost Melbourne ratings. Seem to work too… The Today Show did a similar thing.

Although, I don’t think that set is even intact anymore.

4 Likes

Sunrise in front of a live studio audience in Melbourne

1 Like

I believe it’s still used for the odd racing broadcast, but not to full scale.

Funnily enough all of the “stone work” is just pattered contact. The set in real life is quite awful :joy: magic of TV

3 Likes

Nah thats quite obvious on screen. The stone wallpaper now looks very cheap. Lol

2 Likes

A homely soft set is much better than the current setup at Brekky Central IMO. It’s probably more relatable to the viewer at home having the hosts sitting on comfy seats with a coffee table as opposed to sitting on stools behind a desk.

On another note, you can really tell how missed Sam Armytage (putting politics to one side as I know many on here disregard her because of that) is in terms of adding energy and some life into the program. I feel as though the program is really missing having a 6th presenter as part of the wider team (currently it’s only Kochie, Nat, Eddy, Beretts and Sam Mac).

8 Likes

I think in the earlier years yes. But Sam changed and that same energy left many years before she did.

I do agree it’s missing warmth though. In saying that, so audiences want that though?

1 Like

Nat’s back hosting with Kochie today.
Sally on news.

Gold coloured super used for Comm Games story “coming up”, and orange background behind the spilt screen with Beretts and Bianca Stone.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Eddy returns next week, according to an Instagram story on Sunrise’s account.

11 Likes

Long gone now

1 Like

Different kind of angle with the camera sweeping from the main set to Berretts on the screen behind Angie’s shoulder.(around 6.15am).

1 Like

As per previously, tomorrow’s edition starts at 7:30am after the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. It has now been extended to 10 am.

9 Likes

I quite like this, doesn’t cost money to be creative with angles and shots.

10 Likes

7:37 am start - no clock until 7:47am

7:47

Blooper

7 Likes

I’ve a better idea… bring back Melissa Doyle! Pell robbed her all those years when he put his Queen Sam in place… but he’s gone now. She can come and take back her rightful place next to Kochie! :wink:

See above :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is so poorly lit:

Bizarrely, a deliberate choice when you compare it this better lighting in this shot just 20 mins later:

1 Like

I don’t watch Sunrise regularly, so I can’t comment too much on the program, but the Armytage era was when most viewers drifted from the show, and since Pell has left the EP role and Sunrise slowly loses it’s margin over Today, one wonders if he and everyone else at Breaky Central made the right call with Nat, like I said I don’t watch the show but I always see a lot of negativity towards Nat’s hosting style, as I do with Langdon’s aggressive interview style and cringe singing on Today.

1 Like

I don’t think the issue is Nat at all.

8 Likes

Fair take, she’s been there for like 20 years. Clearly competent and reliable.

1 Like

Yikes! The orange graphics are disgusting. Really horrid design and colour scheme. The show has become so dark and dungeon like.

It’s now reminding me of the bad old days of the Today show at Willoughby.

Bring on the move ASAP!

5 Likes