Sunrise

The comment about morphing into “the new Prue McSween” is funny. Imagine if Sam was still paired with AOK on WS and making these comments. He’d cut her down like he used to do to Prue.

3 Likes

Probably either there or a spot on 2GB.

You could certainly imagine Samantha Armytage being a lot like Prue McSween or Kerri-Anne Kennerley in about 20 years time!

3 Likes

Kochie is back in Adelaide so most likely will be staying there for a while to see Port’s preliminary final, and if they win the prelim he’ll most likely go from there to Queensland next, otherwise will return to Sydney.

Are we expecting to see a Sam and Nat hosting combo this week, or could Matt Doran be brought in to host with Sam?

2 Likes

Why? He can travel back to NSW? I don’t get this theory he will be gone for weeks? It’s an obsession

1 Like

Because if he wants to attend the AFL Grand Final in Brisbane on Saturday 24th October, he can’t have entered New South Wales two weeks prior to that date, hence being in South Australia at the moment.

Say if Port Adel make the Grand Final and Kochie intends to fly up on Saturday 24th October in the morning before the game starts, he would have to stay out of New South Wales and only be in South Australia from Saturday 10th October onwards.

3 Likes

Sam is a disgrace. I’m done.

2 Likes

This is a joke.

3 Likes

The new Paul Henry of breakfast television.

2 Likes

I hope Nat is hosting with Sam during Kochie’s absence.

2 Likes

Pell is busy with The Voice soon, hopefully Seven act, cut her loose and get someone else in there and start repairing their Melbourne and Brisbane audience. She’s a complete nutcase.

10 Likes

Surely Seven must be looking to do something. This week’s shows are four of the five lowest rated of the year. More people tending to watch Today in Brisbane than Sunrise in Melbourne. Advertisers can’t be happy.

5 Likes

Saw a Sunrise promo a while ago while watching shows on the Seven Network - although it wasn’t tailored to Melbourne. Was a general version of the one posted a bit above.

They should get Monique Wright in the chair immediately.

Works well with Kochie, is down to earth and relatable, can go hard in interviews and is familiar to the audience. She’s very under utilised at the moment (although that’s understandable given she has three young kids and may not want full-time work).

Out with one blonde and in with another!

7 Likes

Someone with some empathy and an under control ego would be most welcome.

9 Likes

Not ganna happen.

Sam isn’t going anywhere unless it’s on her own accord.

2 Likes

Nat

2 Likes

Not that I want to steer the conversation into potential Sam replacements too much, but I feel that Nat and Kochie would skew too old (no ageism intended). Viewers like someone who can be a bit fun and cheeky, like how Sam used to be. I reckon Nat and Kochie would both be too “newsy” when paired together.

It really wouldn’t. Viewers probably don’t really care about the age of presenters that much as long as the chemistry is there in spades.

Nat has a lot more respect for other people and the viewers whereas Sam is just unhinged and thinks she knows better than most politicians. With Karl and Allison perceived as likeable perhaps Sunrise needs to have two likeable presenters onboard instead of having Sam ramble on all day about what she thinks.

4 Likes

Well, Karl has certainly reined in his right wing rants these days and seems to present more of an unbiased way of questioning guests. He scrutineses both sides of politics and that’s probably why it’s working for them.

3 Likes

Mon has been on Sunrise for many years including a brief stint as weather presenter in 2007 taking over Grant Denyer.

3 Likes