Sunrise

I think he’ll be allowed in since he wouldn’t have entered NSW for two weeks prior to going to QLD.

His first weather cross in Adelaide was on Monday 28th September, and as far as I’m aware he hasn’t gone back to NSW since (although he has been in Canberra for a few days since leaving Adelaide).

4 Likes

Would be nice for them to do a promo like that for Melbourne. But then again, it’d have to have Sam ranting about how great NSW is and how she thinks Victoria should be run and managed.

1 Like

They aired a similar promo like that in Melbourne last night, but I can’t remember whether it was a Victoria specific promo or a more general one.

It was beyond the stage of serious thought. It was as sure as Chris Bath replacing Ian Ross. The only thing left to do was to topple Koch.

2 Likes

I wonder now looking back whether there was some rift/falling out with management that caused Basil to leave Weekend Sunrise. The publicity that came with the role was great considering how high profile the job was “co-host of the top rating weekend breakfast show!”, and it felt strange how he left after only 18 months in the role.

There was a rumour that before Basil left Weekend Sunrise, he went upstairs to ask for Kochie’s job, and when informed that Kochie re-signed, Basil quit. I’d take it with a grain of salt though.

If Kochie leaves before Sam it will be interesting to see whether it will became the Sam and Nat show or the Sam and Basil show (I think that Sam and Basil work well together), or unlikely but even the Sam and Matt D show.

If Basil gets elected Lord Mayor its unlikely he would leave Perth.

3 Likes

True.

But if Basil does get elected and as a results does decide to resign from his 7NEWS and 6PR duties, he won’t have anywhere to go if he doesn’t get re-elected come the next Lord Mayor election.

On another note, I assume this morning was Kochie’s last for now as he’ll have to begin his two week period in South Australia where he does not enter NSW, before flying to Queensland for the Grand Final if Port Adelaide make it that far.

2 Likes

I very much doubt he will quit 7NEWS. 6PR yes, but not the news.

2 Likes

I doubt he will too, but the workload might become too much, and he could be absent from Seven News quite a lot considering all the meetings and events he’ll have to attend.

2 Likes

No, that is no longer the case.

Did he get an exemption? Because I thought you could only enter Queensland if you haven’t been in New South Wales for 14 days?

You might be right, but I remember hearing that he was allowed in for the footy, although I might be confusing SA with QLD.

1 Like

She’s not a journalist, right?

1 Like

She is a political journalist.

That tweet just shows what a joke Samantha is fast becoming.

8 Likes

I mentioned a while ago in another thread that Basil did say he would give up radio if he is elected Lord Mayor.

3 Likes

Maybe she’s angling for a job on Sky News.

3 Likes

She is a “political journalist.”

There. Much better.

Now imagine Sam asking the questions at Andrews press conference :frowning:!

3 Likes