Sunrise

I thought the same.

Strange post.

1 Like

No. He isn’t going anywhere, Just to mark the milestone.

6 Likes

Don’t think so considering he’s contracted until the end of 2022.

4 Likes

He always does that post this time every year where he thanks the audience etc.

He probably should word it better though.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20201004-180355~2

I can understand the confusion when you first read it, could’ve be worded better l suppose.
But l took the last line"Looking forward to what’s ahead" to mean what’s ahead on Sunrise.
Anyway congrats to Kochie on this career milestone!

11 Likes

Which I doubt would stop him leaving anytime if he wanted to.

2 Likes

He started 4th October 2002- 18 years ago today.

4 Likes

And? Your point?

It very much sounded like a farewell post, not a memory post.

2 Likes

Kochie isn’t going anywhere:

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 7.49.47 pm

6 Likes

Nelson will be in a new location in NYC tomorrow morning.

Screenshot_20201004-194454~2

8 Likes

IIRC, he was filling in for Chris Reason that morning, after Reason fell ill.

I think Reason may have presented for one more week before leaving the show to tackle testicular cancer for a second time. Koch’s appointment became permanent thereafter.

4 Likes

Sunrise seems to have introduced a 8am opener.

1 Like

Nah I think it was for today only, given it’s an extended bulletin due to the Labour Day public holiday in NSW.

4 Likes

And Queens birthday in Queensland.

2 Likes

:joy:

8 Likes

Peter Ford spoke to Basil Zempilas and Steve Mills on 6PR Perth Breakfast this morning about Kochie’s social media post last night.

Interesting to hear Basil say something along the lines of “hang on a minute, why couldn’t this have happened 12 months ago” (which was when he stepped down from Weekend Sunrise).

That comment from Basil indicates that if offered the job of the weekday gig when Kochie does step down, then Basil would give some serious thought to accepting the job.

4 Likes

Sunrise headlines this morning claiming “shock new prediction” for the Qld election result. Omg. That’s crap.
Edit: “shock” removed by 6am headlines.

2 Likes

The public holiday in some states saw very low audiences for breakfast shows.

Sunrise recorded its second lowest audience of the year (after June public hol). Today was almost 50,000 behind with its equal lowest audience since June. News Breakfast was way down as well, 50,000 behind Today.

4 Likes

did news breakfast still lead in melbourne ?

1 Like

7 Likes