Sunrise

Caught a cross during a news break, think it was 7:30am, with Weekend Melbourne Reporter Hope Wilson and she got a round of applause from the desk, with an unbelievably long and detailed live cross, including some play on words/humour and without fluffing a word. Impressive and before they did that wondered if one of the hosts would mention it. I think it was the Taylor Swift concerts-ABBA hologram potential Aussie concert joint story. :clap:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Can’t wait for a new graphics package so that I don’t have to see that awful blue-grey backdrop clashing against the orange any more.

1 Like

Who ssys they’ll change it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
5 Likes

New graphics are coming.

Overhaul.

21 Likes

Full new? Or reskin?

You’ll see :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh sheesh

1 Like

Wow and so soon, the current graphics only launched almost two years ago!

I wonder if the logo will too… :eyes:

4 Likes

It’s a new era on Sunrise I guess

4 Likes

Well given they’ve just had a change in co-host and are moving to a new location, yes it is a new era.

5 Likes

Well, I guess I was onto something a few days back! :open_mouth:

Judging from the graphics we saw briefly a couple weeks back on the 7NEWS set, looks like they are going for a arch inspired theme, the glassy aesthetic though appears to carry on:

Screenshot_20230626-125652~2_Original

2 Likes

The EP said that the new set would pay tribute to Sunrise’s origin. So I am expecting a homely style set.

11 Likes

lol I found out about this via the Media memes thread anyone else? haha

4 Likes

I know for a fact Sunrise got a dedicated set in 2003 (previously it used the Seven News set for news and serious pieces, and a soft set for lesser pieces and entertainment etc) so it could be similar to that…

3 Likes

Surprised they’re getting new graphics. Will be interesting to see what this set is like - sounds like they will have an advantage over Nine.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Nine eventually counter Seven by redoing the larger sports studio to allow for Today as well.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be making drastic changes. Remember the reaction last time they revamped set and graphics together?
They need to stay slimline like they currently are, and not massive and chunky like the previous ones. I’d be keeping it similar… they could add in some blue if they wanted… and the arches if that’s part of the set design.

1 Like

Beretts reporting on Supercars again today from Townsville.

4 Likes

8 Likes