Sunrise

Kochie has told The Sunday Telegraph that he was diagnosed with glaucoma three years ago, and was only a missed appointment away from going blind. He said he had not noticed any change on his vision and now manages his glaucoma through eye drops and laser treatment.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sunrise-star-david-koch-reveals-how-glaucoma-could-have-left-him-blinded/news-story/b2631f5bd06515b524488e3496dee8ea

10 Likes

Home and Away’s Sophie Dillman filling in for Sam Mac today.

6 Likes

Mother of God can Sunrise please update its opener titlecards for Melbourne and Brisbane?!

There is an entire building (the tallest in the city) missing from the Brisbane shot and i dont even live there!

Melbourne’s is also years out of date.

Update them!

3 Likes

Extended program until 10am for Queen’s birthday holiday.

4 Likes

Some of Sunrise’s coverage of the qualifier for the World Cup this morning

7 Likes

I think Sunrise’s ratings are worth mentioning again.

Monday

At breakfast some lower than usual numbers. Sunrise coded its extended final hour separately and it rated higher than the 7-9 portion of the show that posted one of the lowest number ever seen for the show, below 200k for the first time this year. The show was 20k ahead of Today that was 40k ahead of News Breakfast.

Tuesday

Sunrise won breakfast 30,000 ahead of Today that was 15,000 ahead of News Breakfast.
Sunrise’s numbers continue to track lower and are around their lowest so far this year.
Compared to Tuesday 15 June 2021 - Sunrise is down 40,000, Today down 9,000 and News B just 2,000. So the gap between the commercials is closer than last year.

Wednesday

At breakfast, Sunrise’s downward trend continued, less than 20k ahead of second-placed News Breakfast that was 2k ahead of Today - both just under 200k.

Wednesday was down 50k on the equivalent day last year; Today was down 20k and NB was up 10k.

4 Likes

Sounds like the exodus of free to air is now extending to the mornings.

2 Likes

Also - year on year is a little unfair in the coming weeks as well I think. Lockdowns kept people at home. Longer term trends… Breakfast TV going the same was as prime time.

2 Likes

Year on year works because it compares what also is happening for the competition and can suggest where any lost audience is going. If Sunrise is down 50k from last year but the competition isn’t, that is a worry.

1 Like

Down but still consistently winning nationwide and in all individual capitals at least some of the time. I don’t think that was the case a year ago.

3 Likes

Yes and no. I think 2020/21 was an inflated year for ratings and year on year I don’t think really is comparable . Post lockdown peoples habits have changed.

More may have tuned into sunrise as they watch Seven overall… but that was during lockdowns etc. people have gone back to their lives.

Also the ratings boxes aren’t an exact science too. We have to remember they are averages.

The point is that this week Sunrise is way down on its usual numbers - even from a month ago making Today and News Breakfast more competitive - on Wednesday just 20,000 separated the three.

Using previous years shows how much the gap has closed.

1 Like

I get that, but all of metro FTA besides news is way down though? I don’t think it’s that alarming really.

I would just question using previous years to show gaps just isn’t the exact science it would have once been.

When COVID and lockdowns is brought into question I just don’t think it really stacks up. At face value yes they are way down. But that is due a number of contributing factor in my view.

However thanks for doing a breakdown on those stats.

OzTAM TV ratings are a representative estimate not an average.

Rating are based on actual viewing behaviour of 5,250 homes in Australian metro cities. The homes provide a representative sample of the Australian population and when the TV in these homes is switched on, the meter lights up and asks who is watching.

Sorry yes. You are correct. But based off those 5000 it’s a sample of the actual population. That was more what I was getting at.

1 person not tuning in may account for 20,000 viewers in a market (as an example)

2 Likes

Absolutely yeah I appreciate the point you’re making.

2 Likes

I know a little of topic but if I was one to have the OzTAM box, no way would I be bothered pressing buttons to show who’s watching at that time of the morning. It’s hard enough getting up and started for the day :rofl:

Though I imagine they get promoted on screen.

Friday 17 June -

Matt Shirvington is hosting with Nat.
Angela Cox is presenting news this morning.

6 Likes

New graphics (at least to me) used during an interview with the Morcombes this morning about online safety.
They listed 5 online safety tips. The list animated as they went through the tips.
Looked good.

The PM was on this morning’s show.

Child safety segment

9 Likes