Sunrise

Monique is a surprising choice but it will be good to see her covering this event.

8 Likes

IIRC she was in London for a couple of weeks for Sunrise in 2011 to cover the Royal Wedding.

11 Likes

I think Mon is a great choice. I can’t think of anyone better.

8 Likes

Great to see Mon being utilised more these days. Though I reckon if Eddy wasn’t on mat leave then they would’ve sent her.

10 Likes

100%

Further to recent article about Sunrise’s ratings - worth noting that on Wednesday the show recorded its lowest audience of the survey so far. It was still ahead of under performing Today but only by 20K while Today won the east coast thanks to a big diferential in Brisbane.

Compared to the equivalent day last year, Sunrise was down 40,000 while Today and News B were each down about 15,000.

2 Likes

Friday (03.06.2022): Monique is live in London with coverage of the Queen’s Trooping the Colour.

Matt Shirvington is co-hosting with Nat this morning. Sally Bowery is reading the news.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Great to see a performance in the studio. Feels like old school sunrise in a way.

Funny how Nat was out of breath from dancing :joy:

7 Likes

Mon’s voice barely lasted to the end of the show. She joked it was from all of the cheering. It’s hard to see her making it through the weekend.

They’ve had a few celebs nearly every day this week, branded as “exclusives”. It hasn’t seen an uptick in ratings though. Maybe the daily promos need some attention?

Also, they ditched their preferred meteorologist in Qld for Jane Bunn this morning. She actually spoke as opposed to sang, which I didn’t know was possible.

2 Likes

I remember the performances inside Brekky Central pre-COVID era. One of my fond memories of watching Sunrise before school

9 Likes

And outside too. Who could forget Psy in 2012?

TMK the last outdoor performance was the Pussycat Dolls in March 2020, just a week before the COVID-19 pandemic was declared by WHO.

8 Likes

Justin Bieber when he was 16 back in 2010 was meant to be an outdoor concert before a crowd crush moved it indoors. Total chaos

8 Likes

Angela Cox is hosting with Matt this weekend.

8 Likes

Where’s Mon? Did her voice give out after yesterday? Shame she’s in the UK but not on WS.
… and where’s Gretel? Haven’t seen her in a while…

2 Likes

I feel like Sarah Greenhalgh is doing the work Mon would have been doing this morning. Sarah read the 8am opener from London this morning as well.

4 Likes

Another very royal edition this morning.

7 Likes

Sarah just mentioned Mon is there but has lost her voice. Hopefully back tomorrow.

5 Likes

Angela’s constant narky off the cuff comments about the Queen and the monarchy all morning didn’t seem necessary.

1 Like

The changes under Sean Power continue. Dr Sally Cockburn was on the program this morning and referred to as “Sunrise GP”.

3 Likes